Wednesday, July 02, 2008

To be thankful

Today, I am thankful for people started to congratulate me for my promotion. From my peers to the top, and the compliments were sincere, spoken from the heart, with soft tone of the voice and the look from their eyes. I was not around when the announcement was made, thus I am touched that these people remembered.

Today, I am thankful that we are given a token of appreciation for our hard work. I guess we can call it as mid year bonus. It came just few months after we had our bonus. For people at my level, it is not much but I am sure it meant a big deal to our secretaries and staff. Still, getting free money is always good and like what best friend said, it covers my ridiculous amount of shopping for the past 2 weeks (hey, it is the sale season! My favourite brands were selling at 70% off). I have also treated myself a new purse after few years of wishing and browsing. An elegant white Loewe purse. It goes perfectly well with the new white Ferragamo handbag.

Today, I am thankful for having good friends around. I took Mrs Rock and family out last week to celebrate my good fortune. Today, the kids played at my home until 9pm. Mr & Mrs Rock waited patiently at my place so that the kids enjoyed themselves. My mom always says that having visitors at home brings blessing.

Today, I am thankful for a dear friend is thinking of me, that I am in his thoughts. Regardless how busy he is and whichever continent he may be, he drops me a line. Tho secretly, I was wishing for him to do so as I was missing our friendship. Also, who wouldn’t mind to get warm and fuzzy messages, right? *winks*

Today, I am thankful for everything that I have and I look forward for more good things to come.

4 comments:

Cosmic_GurL said...

Congrats on your promotion dear! It's a good feeling when all yr efforts are appreciated and rewarded kan? :))

The Momster said...

wooohooo loewe and ferragamo! how i wish the buying power here is as good as it is there. :)

always look on the positive side of things, and we have more to thank for, than to whine eh?

Ms B said...

CG,

Thanks dear! Sweet success after all those years of hard work. I owe it big time to my lil girl.

Ms B said...

MOmster,

A few years ago, I didnt even know these fine stuffs. Even after I came here, the pay was already good but kept thinking of the rainy days. Only the last 12 months or so, I started to treat myself.

I love Ferragamo bcos of the simplicity of its design (hence I avoid by all means from LV/Gucci/Coach). One of these days, I shall write about my fav designers and the Ultimate handbag. *winks*

It is always good to be positive. And be thankful for people who help you to reach there. (thus, a new gadget for my lil girl. Her second high tech toy for the year, equivalent to my handbag!) Oh well, she deserves it.