Sunday, August 02, 2009

Much needed hot bubble bath

It hasn’t even been a week and yet many dramas unfolded. From preparing a proposal within a short notice to an urgent request for a deal abroad topped by the young lady’s minor accident, it is a surprise that I can still maintain my composure. Calm on the outside, freaking out in the inside. I just had to play my cards right of course. There is no escaping from being away but it is better to be on one with less time abroad or within reasonable distance from home in case of an emergency.

Just when I thought things were getting back to normal, fate decided to add more spices. Less than an hour ago, we had a fire brigade at our home. There was an electrical short circuit and they said it was a good thing that I called when I smelt something burning. Apart from the whole place stinking, it was safe to stay. They managed to control and isolate the trigger.

And no, there weren’t any cute or handsome looking firemen. I think those exist in tv dramas. As for me, I had some sense to change into decent attire. I wouldn’t want to look like the ladies in Desperate Housewives, clad in their sexy lingerie (my passion for this is as good as books and bags).

Before the young lady dozed off (for the second time tonight), she asked, “ were you scared mummy?”

“Yes. How about you?” I said.

“Me too.” She paused for awhile before continuing, “are you going to cry again?” She was referring to last night moment when my emotions were overwhelmed while I changed her bandage. I was quite good at maintaining my coolness since it took place but as like any mom and woman, I felt it reached its limit and let the dam burst.

So do excuse me if I am feeling low at the moment. With the dramas I had so far, I think I deserve to have a bath full of clear salty liquid.

Although I feel it makes more sense to have a hot bubble bath accompanied by The Man (I think I shall stick to Dempsey for this part, judging how he does it), caressing my body and soul with TLC.

15 comments:

Melb said...

Hi Ms B,
Glad to read that everything is alright. Sometimes everything happens at the same time as if you feel that you are being tested.. indeed you are.. so stay calm, composed, I know you will.. Take care..

n.i. said...

hang in there babe! u r a strong lady...

*hugs* and *kisses*

Naz in Norway said...

MsB
I hope you are feeling better today. Things can get a bit too much sometimes and it is ok to let those drops fall....flush out all those excess things.
I hope the little lady is doing fine too. She will grow up strong because you have shown her how to.
(((Hugs)))

IDB said...

believe me, everyone goes through these phases and life wouldnt be normal without it.

i get my share of it every now and again and when i do, i go in search of some comfort food! but a bath with dempsey is not bad either..hehe

ps: i agree those women in DH always look hot. cant wait for the new season.

Jumper said...

Hang on...there Ms B. After series of tragic and teary dramas, I'm sure there will be happy episodes. So I guess the hot bubble bath, with or without your imaginary pal Dempsey, is a good start to prepare yourself for a new twist of things...

Inah said...

ms B..i know what to do..

a lovely brownies would help :)

kidding :)

i'm also having difficult moment in my life :|

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

minor accident?
poor lil B :( but hopefully everything is fine right now. :)

hang on there ms B. great things await those with great patience :) and i know u do have one :)

may Allah bless you and your lil angel :)

Ms B said...

ms curvy,

yes, it was one of those weeks when everything needed attention. feeling much better thanks!

Ms B said...

n.i,

thanks dear. i am afterall human. Happy birthday to your lil boy!

Ms B said...

naz,

the emotional outburst was timely and I must say that it felt good. I still feel crappy but it's getting better each day. Not to mention that I have another girly outing this week as a friend is in town and has asked to bring her shopping.

perempuan lah katakan... *lol*

Ms B said...

IDB,

I suppose it was one of those moments when I felt i failed miserably as a mom, until the young lady hugged and cried, saying that i am a good mummy. Of course that led to more tears, we women and our hormones. geesh!

ah, it was a choice of between retail therapy and dempsey in the bath but the latter is more economical *grins*

Ms B said...

Jumper,

I'm hangin on like a chimpanzee swinging from one tree to another, except that they have stronger muscles and reflex. *grins* Life without drama will be dull, eh? So we embrace it with open arms and learn to see the positive side.

Ms B said...

inah,

let me see.. i think i had lemon cheese cake and strawberry gateau over the weekend. Definitely boosted my morale. *grins*

U better take that slice of brownie. I hope you feel better today.

Ms B said...

Hi jane,

the wound has healed a lot today and she is back feeling chirpy (after bribing with a trip to a 3 D G-Force movie).

Thank you dear! also, thanks for being such a good sport and doing the tag.

Anonymous said...

I hope lil b and you are feeling much better.. missed a whole week of news here!

*hugs*