Friday, August 07, 2009

The very hungry caterpillar

picture from the telegraph.

The young lady is back to her usual self, chirpy and gutsy. I think it was because they had a trip to the zoo yesterday which made her more adamant to beat the blues. As for me, I am getting there. Thankfully, my work has kept me busy and includes higher responsibilities, preparing things which are usually done by a level above.

But hey, my life is still full of interesting happenings. *winks*

A few days ago, I received the following text (redacted version):
“hi hot hucci mama. Wanna eat me 2nyte?”

Thinking it was a prank (it is very common here), I showed it to a friend who is more of a younger sister to me. She then highlighted that the words used seemed to suggest that the person knew me and the spelling reflected that it was written by someone from her generation. It didn’t take me long to figure it out and my suspicion was right. A few days later, that person confirmed that the text was sent by him.

Ah, perhaps a candy boy was trying his luck, eh?

Age is not a requirement to hang out. However, it seems the younger generation is more direct and persuasive. They have no reservation to say what they really want. However, in my world, even if you look like Nate Archibald or Lucas (ok, maybe I should add Edward Cullen tho I still don’t see his sex appeal), the phrases used are such a turn-off. In addition, the spelling really shows the generation gap. I’d probably consider if tonight was spelt “tonite” instead of “2nyte”.

Why when they were boys, such innocence was portrayed? Yet, the moment they start working, they lose their way and become very itchy caterpillars. An entrance to the working class does not give you the key to unimaginable opportunities. If at the beginning you couldn’t go far, not even a date, what makes you think you can do so now?

Besides, I do not tolerate boys with raging hormones!!!! Get a grip, will you? Geesh!

As one friend said, “it is the role reversal when dating matured women is what makes the forbidden fruit sweeter.”

The caterpillar better finds another forbidden fruit if he does not want to be sprayed with pesticides.
Have a nice weekend friends!

*Ms B is looking forward to another girly weekend. A trip to the cinema tonight to watch Sandra's new film, followed by lunch on Saturday with a girlfriend & her boss who are in town for business meetings. She reckons it is a match-making scheme. She will end her weekend with a shopping rendezvous on Sunday.*

.

8 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

That's a lovely book. My kids love it.
But you know what happened to the caterpillar in the end, right? I have no doubt that the caterpillar who sms-ed you might turn into a beautiful butterfly one day too but at the moment, he has to be a teeny weeny bit careful with his appetite. Tergigit bunga plastik tak apa juga, kalau tergigit daun daun yg penuh dengan self-protection tu....nahas jadinya! :D

IDB said...

oh, i just had to leave a comment!
i agree lucas and nate archibald has much more sex appeal than edward cullen.

its true about the generation gap- you can always tell they are from a younger generation by their texts..heheh.

and looks like you're going to have a really nice weekend, do update soon about the saturday lunch and sunday spree ;)

Anonymous said...

i so can't accept the spelling thingy too!

have a nice weekend and enjoy the shopping spree! I am definitely staying indoors this weekend! :)

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

"The caterpillar better finds another forbidden fruit if he does not want to be sprayed with pesticides."

hahaha.. i like that. ;)

Ms B said...

Naz,

He he he. I love the book too!

This particular caterpillar just doesnt know his limit. It's the miangness that I can't tolerate!

Ms B said...

IDB,

is it just me but I feel that we have many things in common? *winks* Lucas and Nate are hot for their age. Edward... I dont know. i'm still trying to find the appeal.

I just dont hv the mood to blog these days.

Ms B said...

momster,

It's just odd, that's all. with the cap locks and numerical here and there.

Just because they are cute and hv girls throwing themselves, it doesnt mean that this seasoned lady wants to have a piece. Oh please!

It's a big pool out there..

Ms B said...

jane,

Oh i was annoyed by those texts and it keeps coming. I'm just waiting for the right time to make him realised of the inappropriateness of his gestures. *evil laugh*