Monday, July 13, 2009

Oppss.. I did it again!

We thought it’d be a quiet weekend. There was no plan in place, except for the movie trip. The cinema has kids special on weekends and during school holidays of which they screen movies aired a month or two before at a low fare. The movie was The Secret of Moonacre and we both quite enjoyed it. Not bad for £2.50 (for both of us).

At around mid day, I received a call from the girlfriend. She was at the shopping mall at West End and asked if we were free to join her. Who couldn’t resist (window) shopping, right? After bribing the young lady that she’d get new books, we made our way to see her.

I couldn’t believe that we spent half a day there! Of course, we had an hour of coffee session but still, half day at the mall? Darn!

Anyway, can you tell me how one can resist when this:

and this:

were on offer at buy one get one free?
Of course I had to get them.

Now, if only I was smart enough to get the other two books to complete the saga, which were on sale as well.

Oh, I am also in love with Massimo Dutti. Their cutting and style suits me a lot!

updated: If only I knew that I should have read New Moon first! Yes, I have finished reading Eclipse last night. *smack her head many times*

Ps: Ms B promised the young lady that she’ll get the pixie collection by Enid Blyton. She hopes the Book People has them and it’ll mean she saves up to 70% of the original price.

11 comments:

n.i. said...

i like massimo dutti but can't afford it as they are expenxive in malaysia by my std hehehehe

owh, i cant seem to be attracted to twilight just yet... maybe later la kot

D said...

Ah, what's a little penny here and there?;) esp when they are for books, right?

Inah said...

seems u love shopping for books :)..new sequel of the twilight saga movie is coming soon :)

IDB said...

opps..tried to post a comment earlier but there's something wrong with my wireless at home!

anyway,massimo dutti is my favourite too and was so happy to find further reductions in store last week. bought a few tops but also felt guilty buying the new collection. I simply couldnt resist all the blue-ness in the autumn collection! Dont you just love it ?

Ms B said...

n.i.,

if you must know, whenever I go back, everything is expensive by my standard, except for Vincci. asal balik, at least 3 pairs from their shop.

actually, the only reason I got the books was bcos they were on offer. once i started reading, i couldnt put it down.

Ms B said...

D,

I think I got too many books over the past few weeks! it's not even school break and the young lady has finished the books I got her a few weeks ago.

but how to resist when they are sold at 50% off?

Ms B said...

inah,

I didnt watch twilight and wasnt planning to read the book. Yet I was curious by the whole thing and since they were on offer, thought i'd give it a try.

there were times that i made a trip to the library during lunch break simpy bos i didnt know what to do, unless work was hectic.

Ms B said...

IDB,

I bought a few items in the last one week! Not many left but the new collection is tempting as well.

My latest grab was this hand knitted cardigan (more of an ancessory and not to keep us warm) which the young lady simply adores. She said I look very chic! (or perhaps she's trying to get something in return).

psstt.. why dont you post MD's style? Might help me to revamp my wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

i need to try those books too! :D

Ms B said...

momster,

I think u might enjoy it. the story line is easy to follow and quite interesting I must say.

IDB,

i realise many spelling errors re my reply. pardon my typo as it was late. *grins* u know, i wish MD has online catalogue, easier to browse.

IDB said...

no worries...im not perfect in my typing too!

nway, im happy to find another person who loves MD! before this i felt like a freak as none of my friends here are that mad about it.i just love the style and quality of the clothes, plus its so cheap when it's on sale!

there in an online catalogue but i feel there is much better choice instore. unfortunately the new collection has not been updated yet!

oh btw the twilight series gets better and better...i read the saga last december. i first went to watch the movie (without a clue what it was all about!) packed full of screaming teenagers when edward cullen came on screen...oh my!