Thursday, July 09, 2009

Her diamonds...

Oh what the hell she says
I just can't win for losing
And she lays back down
Man there's so many times
I don't know what I’m doin'
Like I don't know now

By the light of the moon
She rubs her eyes
Says it's funny how the night
Can make you blind
I can just imagine
And I don't know what I’m supposed to do
But if she feels bad then I do too
So I let her be

And she says oooh
I can't take no more
Her tears like diamonds on the floor
And her diamonds bring me down
Cuz I can't help her now
She’s down in it
She tried her best and now she can't win it's
Hard to see them on the ground
Her diamonds falling down

-Her diamonds, Rob Thomas –

LHM asked for my opinion about the song, whether I feel it’s a sad number.

More often than not, I tend to like a song because of its lyrics and not of the tune. Take a song by Mr Mraz for example, I fell for the song and made a post way before it became a hit.

Of course the topic for today isn’t about him, but on Mr Thomas.

The song brought me down to memory lane, to a time when I cried so bad that it was literally sucking my soul out. On one occasion, I broke down to a friend and until this day I still remember his words, “why do you cry for someone who doesn’t deserve your tears?”

Tears are precious or as the song goes, diamonds. They are too valuable to be wasted on insignificant things. It hurts people who care for us to see us in pain, when they know we have much to look forward to. As much as they want to help, sometimes it is best to let us be and feel our pain. Let it pass through.

These days, I still cry but I reckon they are mostly on happier thoughts. Err... do you think it makes sense to cry when a nice pair of shoes is sold at a ridiculously good bargain? *winks*

Have a good weekend friends!

Ps: Ms B is looking forward to Ghost finale. She got hooked on it while on sick leave (she curses her brother for suggesting this series), watched season 1 and 2. First it was Zack Imran, now Romeo
.

8 comments:

Inah said...

i like ur friends word..

why do you cry for someone who doesnt deserve ur tears..

i tend to be very emotional as i can cry quite easily..my friend said tears can show my weakness but i think..that is just me

what say you?

is that true ~ tears are our weakness?

... said...

*ok, almost gone hysterical when snowblinds & her diamonds didn't load this morning*

D said...

It's a shame when people can't see how priceless you are... but at the end of the day, those tears actually help make you a better you!!

Go cry over a pair of shoes or a new bag - that's much healthier! ;)

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

been there ms B. crying for someone who doesnt deserve the tears i shed. maybe that just another translation of how fragile a girl can be.

hopefully no more wasted tears ;)

Ms B said...

Inah,

I doubt crying is a sign of weakness. How do you explain the tears on a person's wedding day, graduation day, the birth of a child, etc?

At any point of time, we face our hurdles and struggle to find the right term to cope with it. some may cry, some choose to be cold. I dont think it matters as we are different from one person to another.

Ms B said...

darlene,

*grins* my young lady seems to have memorised the lyrics!

Ms B said...

D,

*lol* I shall avoid the shops as sales can be really an eye opener or jaw dropped moment.

and yes, those tears shaped me to who I am this day.

Ms B said...

Jane,

I dont see why tears should make us look fragile, esp for us women when our hormones are so unstable that we cry even while watching soapy tv drama.

But yes, we should not waste our tears.