Thursday, November 27, 2008

Fashionista

Dear Ms B,

Someone advised me that I need to change my appearance in order to get the attention from the opposite sex. It is a fair comment but the thing is, I don't even know how or where to start.

Can you please help me out here?

From,
Jane
************************
Disclaimer, this Jane is not our Blogger Jane. I've been asked on this topic for a few times. I thought it'd a good idea to write about this as I believe my friends here are more experienced and knowledgeable than me.

First of all, I don't believe you should change the way you look because of other people. If you want to do it, make sure it is for the right reason. Do it because you want to feel good about yourself and not about impressing others.

Second, baby steps. If you are like me who wear jeans, top and trainers throughout her entire life, you might want to try something easy. Perhaps a dab of lip gloss and basic powder. Try one of those all-in-one face bases. The whole thing will only take you about 2 minutes max.

As for your attire, maintain what you like and what makes you comfortable. There is no point wearing that gorgeous dress if you keep on thinking and checking to avoid any wardrobe malfunction. Instead, maybe you could try different colors and cutting. The next time you hit the stores, take a top in 2 to 3 colors and try it on. With the right tone and cutting, you will get the look that you wish for. I notice that if we try something bold (e.g. red), it somehow gives a boost to our confidence level.

Not forgetting the importance of color coordination. Just use whatever you have in your current collection and try mix and match accordingly. For those who don the scarf, it is easier to look appealing as what I notice. Most of my close friends wear them and oh my, they look lovely. The right kind of scarf does wonders to how a person looks.

You might have heard KISS but for the purpose of this posting, keep it simple and sweet. *winks*

Baby steps Jane..baby steps.

I am not a fashionista so any tips from my yummilicious bloggers and readers are much appreciated. *begging them with a sweet smile*

*Ms B is smitten yet unsure what caused her so. She needs to mull over the subject.*

13 comments:

D said...

HOHO... tips from the expert? You are so right regarding choosing the right cutting in your clothes (here's where the branding often plays a part, unfortunately. not necessarily, but usually). I know a make-over is sooo appealing but I'd just say, other than a dab of lipstick and dash of powder, you'd also need to wear a coat of confidence!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow... I noticed the trend of getting advice from bloggers these days! ;)

Job well done too Ms B!

In colder countries, I love the fact that you can do 'layering' to update your style.

Inah said...

ermm..tops :)..like ur idea as i'm the person who enjoy tshirt and jeans and sport shoes..

Hazia said...

Hmm... sometimes with the right man, it feels right to dress the way you normally do... be it a simple dress, or jeans and tops. I think that sometimes if you feel the need to dress differently, then it may not be the right man:)

Inah said...

i like hazia's comment :)..ermm..msB..what do u reckon on hazia's comment?

Anonymous said...

internet connection is okay tonight [at last!] and i get to read (a lot of) your entries that i have missed. ;) i should remain silent on this fashion topic as it is definitely not my forte. hihi.

on a different note, thanks for your advice too, regarding 'the matter'. and for taking the time writing the email.

take care!

Ms B said...

D,

Asking fashion tips from me is like asking me medical terms. Totally clueless! *LOL*

Thank you for pointing out the coat of confidence! It is not really about what you wear, but how you carry yourself when you wear them. It is nice to see a person in a beautiful outfit but it takes great personality for one to be remembered, hence the uniqueness. *Winks*

I think that art of seduction book really comes in handy. *smiles*

Ms B said...

momster,

Oh, I still have some unanswered questions. Finding time to write (it's kinda manic for me over the last few days).

And thank you! tho as i mentioned to D, this topic is alien for me. *lol*

The advantage of layering is that it is easier to mix & match. hardly go wrong there. Thank god!

Ms B said...

Hi Hazia,

We dress up because we want to, not because we have to (unless it's a social obligation such as wedding. Have to wear accordingly, right? *winks*).

I think every woman wants to feel like a queen or a girl for a day. Often we neglect ourselves after reaching certain age, becoming a mother, hectic lifestyle.

A good man will let us be whatever we want to be and still makes us feel that we are his queen. Be it in jeans, that red cocktail dress, etc, we still feel comfortable in his presence.

Ms B said...

Inah dear,

Changing tops is probably the safest option. Different cutting, length, colours will create different look.

Ah, see me comments above wrt hazia's. *winks*

Ms B said...

Fizzy dearest,

Oh my! How much you have been missed! Finally get to see you around. *winks*

*LOL* I too am still learning the art of being a fashionista.

I try my best to reply to your emails. Admittedly it can be slow but I try. *smiles*

Hope to see you soon dear. Hugs from both of us.

ps: do post more of these yummy dads! *grins*

n.i. said...

i am no fashionista but i agree with u... some points for me to consider myself ;-)

Ms B said...

n.i.,

I think we learn new things from one other each day.

Glad to know you had a good time on your birthday!