Monday, November 10, 2008

Cringe moments

I decided to take Kak Teh's challenge tho I must say, being this boring lot like me, I hardly had any cringe moment. I shall try my best.

Cringe moment 1:
While talking to a gf on the type of materials that I prefer to wear, I said “latex is good too as it feels smooth on your body.” A bunch of guys were seated next to us had a big grin on their face upon hearing. I meant to say lycra. Probably they thought I was into something kinky.

Cringe moment 2:
My girl and her BFF were talking about the view that they got in the changing room at the swimming centre. They spoke about the glory of the jungles and how one differed from another. Then the lil one said out loud, “well, my mummy doesn’t have one. She does her waxing all the time.”
We were having lunch at a restaurant by the way and suffice to say, many eyebrows raised and some eyes winked upon hearing.

The following cringe moments are not mine but worth mentioning.

Cringe moment 3:
During my second visit at this particular cafe, almost everyone behind the counter remembered my name as well as some of the regulars. I was impressed, kept going and became close to another regular. By the 3rd and 4th visit, I was already getting free coffees without fail. I found out it came from Mr Latte, the regular who was always friendly and sometimes flirted with me. This went on for almost a month but neither of us had another’s phone number. Then one day, after wishing me good night, I suddenly asked him in front of everyone, “So when are you going to ask for my phone number?”

The rest of the guys smacked their heads and looked at this guy, signalling how stupid he was for waiting for so long. Mr Latte blushed and asked for my number.

Cringe moment 4:
While having breakfast on a nice Saturday morning, a guy asked if it was ok for him to sit opposite me. I said he could and he started his pick up line, “why does a beautiful woman like you sit all by herself?” I then replied that some of us enjoy having breakfast on our own. He then continued bragging about himself and I tried hard to maintain a straight face. We later found out that a junior of mine back in uni was his school mate. He kept asking for my number and since we had a common friend, I gave mine.

I went home and when the lil one woke up, I took her and the nanny out. The guy started to call and it was not even an hour after I left the restaurant. He kept asking me to go out with him that day but I declined politely. I think he called at least 3 times in less than 2 hours after we met!

Then a few hours later, he called and said, “why didn’t you tell me that you are married with kids? I called Guy A to get information about you. He obviously knew where I was heading and told me, “dude, she’s married and has a daughter. You are way out of your league”. Do you know how foolish I felt?”

My reply, “well, you didn’t ask if I was married or single.”

Served him right! Next time, don’t bug me when I am enjoying my breakfast. My friend, Guy A, and I, had so much fun talking about this.


Good nite everyone!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like the first one! :)

btw, am leaving for iceland tomorrow... malas betul nak pack! hehe...

Anonymous said...

love to read these moments but cringe moment no 3 is the BEST :D

Kak Teh said...

hahaha! see, everyone has cringe moments! its just the degree of cringe that's different.
Thanks for doing the tag and letting us in on this side of you.
lycra and latex! LOL!

Ms B said...

momster,

yeah tell me about it. Latex???? No wonder the guys were grinning. One kinky girl sitting next to them. *lol*

hv fun dear!! I'm sure u'll enjoy the trip.

Ms B said...

Inah,

The rest of the guys and the patrons of the cafe couldn't believe it. Apparently they've been bugging him to get my number but he just couldnt do it. His friends were more embarassed when I popped him the question. we are now close buddies and still laugh when recall the incident.

Funny moment indeed!

So share with us ur cringe moments!

Ms B said...

KT dear,

Thank u for bringing this out of me. I believe we all have our cringe moments, tho I must say u and kak Puteri have the most! Cudnt stop laughing!

Yeah, lycra & latex. Luckily it wasnt durex, eh? Then the guys would probably pass their ph number. *rotfl*

Inah said...

done..scheduled for tomorrow's entry :)

have a good rest ms b :)

hugs!!

n.i. said...

hahahahaha... latex? (brazilian)waxing?

Ms B said...

Hi inah,

thanks for doing this! urs were hillarious! *grins*

n.i.,

*lol* i hv my blonde moments. Latex?!?!?! seriously!! Isy isy.. no wonder the guys had grins all over.
wht do u think? of course brazilian wax as the girls were talking abt jungles! arrghhh.... kids & their mouth. haiyoo..

... said...

ms b,
lycra+latex was hillarious.
cringe moments visit me often too. may be part of it from my clumsiness (i have to play a trick or two to avoid this during important meetings. haha) or when my mouth work faster than my brain.
awkward2 scenes.

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the love in this world. :)

Ms B said...

Darlene,

*rotfl* u shud see my face that time. I was like, "oh no!!!!"

as for u, I'm sure u had a few cringe moments. *winks*

Hi anon,

Thanks for dropping by! Thanks for the wish too! have a nice day yeah.