Thursday, September 18, 2008

Dating like a man

Matt launches right away into a lesson that acting like a man and dating like a man are two very different things. Dating like a man, Matt says, will teach me to meet the type of guy I'm interested in and also make sure he calls.
Lesson one: Sex.
"Don't sleep with a man for 90 days," Matt orders.
This sounds a bit masochistic. But Matt insists men are hunters by nature, and the "game" is what keeps them coming back for more. Unlike women, he says, men's physical and emotional intimacy grows at different rates. You need to let them get emotionally attached then physically attached, if you want them to stick around. Dating like a man, he says, is understanding what a person wants and not giving it to him.
Lesson two: Compliment Men.
Even the most financially successful and good looking of the bunch love compliments and don't think they reek of desperation. "Men are horrible at reading cues from women," he explains. "You have to throw your Manolo Blahnik at him to let him know you're staring."
Lesson three: The Hit-and-Run Approach.
Matt explains that when guys see a girl they're interested in, they don't hang around too long--they leave an air of mystery. Women need to do this, too. It seems I use the "hit" approach, but I never run.
Matt says this is when I need to kick in my game. "You need to plant the seed for future correspondence," he says. "If you don't show all your cards at once, you'll keep them guessing."
Lesson four: Confidence.
Matt says I'm probably so concerned with not appearing desperate that I'm not clear about what I really want. He says I need to let down my guard. I need to know what I want, and I need to go out and get it. If a guy doesn't want me back, then I should just forget about him.
And lo and behold, it works. Guys love it when you approach them, when you compliment them and when you give them your number.
I'll probably accept a few dates, but I'm not worried about having to test that 90-day rule.


Full article can be found here:
Dating like a man
**********
I find it interesting to find this article posted at Forbes' website, one of my daily indulgences. Probably they know that there are increasing numbers of women reading their articles, hence make it more lady-friendly. *smiles*

I think I can pass lesson one without a blink. What is the whole point of having a hot bubble bath, right? Remember Sharon Stone in Sliver? *winks* Oh well, probably because I'm juggling a few roles at the same time that I don't even have time to take that hot bath!

Lesson two is easy but I am fair to both sexes. I compliment my girlfriends as much as I do to my male buddies. People appreciate when they are noticed.

Lesson three and four is tricky. I have done it before i.e. approached a guy, asked for his name and left my number. Probably my mental state was questionable at that time. People do crazy things when they don't think straight. *LOL*

I'm sure we all have our own dating techniques and how a method works depends on individual. Some men find it intimidating when a lady looks aggressive. But surely if he looks like Patrick Dempsey or Eric Dane or my latest crave, David Boreanaz aka Seeley Booth in Bones, the risk is worth taking.

So what's your dating style?


Ps: By the way, the guys always call back. *winks*

6 comments:

Hazia said...

Yeah, dating techniques can be pretty interesting:)
Sometimes though, I prefer to just let things flow naturally and not worry about it.
Have fun dating!:)

SYUKS said...

Lesson number 5 i have to suggest : Be yourself and dun fake things.. let the other party see the truth in you and like u as you are... he h e

D said...

ah... men! Hehehe..I'm sure they say the same about us women, eh?

ps: yes, am using the number ending with 8 now - just a wee difference!

Ms B said...

Hi Hazia,

My personal experience, usually the unexpected events are the ones most memorable. *smiles*

Ms B said...

hi syukur,

Thats very important. Only when you can be yourself, everything else flows.

I remember one of my postings, comparing two dates. It is when I can be myself (and my plain jane mode), the date turns out well.

Ms B said...

d dear,

*LOL* I'm sure they have their own "guide" on dating.

Cool. I hope I didnt delete the old no.

Take care dear! Jangan merajuk dgn blogger. *LOL*