Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Tragic romance

Tragedies happen. What are you gonna do? Give up? Quit? No. I realize now that when your heart breaks, you gotta fight like hell to make sure you're still alive. Because you are... and that pain you feel, it's life. The confusion and fear, that's there to remind you that somewhere out there is something better... and that something is worth fighting for.

It was snowing while I was on my way to work. After almost two weeks of break, it was nice to start my first day back by those soft white flakes. Geared in my new leather knee high boots with the horseshoe charm attached to its zipper, I was ready to begin the week with a positive mind.

I have been meaning to write but each time, something seems to stop me from publishing my post. Sometimes I felt the post was not relevant to the current situation, thus I simply did not hit the publish button.

The snow was much welcomed, at least that was how I felt this morning. The morning walk felt a bliss. Perhaps it is a sign of hope that there will be better days. Not that I have been having rough moments but my days could be better.

A song discovered today prompted me to ask myself, ‘must I always be waiting for love?’ What if love has slipped away from your fingers due to circumstances, will you still be holding on to it? There are times that I feel I am too practical for my own good. I used to put my life on hold for others but now, the only person I am willing to do so is the lil one. So if love slips away, somehow it seems to lead to new opportunities (and these are not restricted to new love. Opportunities are subjective).
I would have to say no to that. Perhaps it hurts the people who used to be a part of my life. But then again, I always felt I was second best by them. Surely they would understand where I was coming from.

Or maybe they don’t, thinking that love should be a tragic romance.

12 comments:

Inah said...

love is pain right? :)

missed to read your entry ms B :)

D said...

hello dearie! we're the same regarding publishing what we've been writing, though not really in the same shoots, or should i say boots? :)

i avoid writing about love but blimey, I've got sooo many drafts on that theme. Maybe it's time to publish one, eh? Who knows, it might just melt some snow and frost!

keep well and warm!

Ms B said...

Inah,

Love does wonders too. *winks*

Yeah I know. I miss writing too. I had many ideas in my head but with economic and gaza crisis, I simply couldnt write.

But then again, sometimes I feel I should cheer my blogger friends with some entertaining posts. Just to put a smile on the face.

U keep well k.

Ms B said...

Oh D, if only you knew how many drafts I had inside my head, different topics of course. Each time, I just couldnt complete. My thoughts are blocked by the gloomy atmosphere (and I'm not talking about weather here).

I shall try to write one entertaining post. I think we deserve some cheerful note.

Eh, u know, it didnt feel that cold yesterday despite snowing. I really felt it was a beautiful day.

ps: u painted ur 'house', eh? *winks*

n.i. said...

welcome back dear... i hope the bug i sent u has decided to leave the UK... hehehehe...

jelesnya snowing kat sana...

Kak Teh said...

Ms B, has this got something to do with ...hmmmm never mind. I've decided not to continue, but if its got something to do with ...hmmmm, never mind, let me know.

Yes, i was excited abt the snow too but it disappeared when the sun came out.

Ms B said...

n.i.,

The bug has left but as I said, it didnt dampen my spirit to shop. *LOL* My old boots served me for a year and it was high time to get a new one (at 70% off!).

Cantik snow semlm. plus, it wasnt freezing. best giler!

Ms B said...

KT,

hmm... I cant read minds, u know. so I dont know what you are thinking. But if it is that thing which I mentioned a few mths ago, then you are on the right track.

btw, did u find the newspaper? I found it at ms hall.

ps: bday soon. Jom gi makan.

Lee said...

Hi Ms B, Happy New year to you and your Angel.
I like your new boots...with a horseshoe charm too, wow!
I always believe love comes when we least expect it...
and I know of many women, in the past and present here in Toronto...widows, divorcees, seperatists, singles...some matured thinking they missed the ferry...then one fine day, love calls...

One lady, a widow only recently found love, from a man she has known past 9 years but never thought otherwise....and one day two years ago somehow at a party they happened to dance, and a spark came between them...they just got married two weeks ago, honeymoon in Cuba. Bought me Havana cigars too.

Love is no respecter of age or practicality
Neither morality: unabashed
She enters where she will
Unheeding that her immortal fires
Burn up human hearts...

Here's wishing you a happy new year and may 2009 bring the stars in alignment for you. Best regards, Lee.

Anonymous said...

hi ms b, i can actually imagine u walking in the snow with the new boots!

love is unpredictable! ;)

Ms B said...

Hello Lee,

It took me almost two months to find the right boots. thankfully I found one and it was a bargain. Elegant and chic. Love it!

Last year taught me the same ie love comes when we least expect. Apparently it was a good year for a soul mate to appear. Yet, I still havent figured out who! *LOL*

Anyway, always good to see you here. Enjoy the freezing weather!

Keep warm!

Ms B said...

momster,

U have no idea how much I love the new boots! First it was hard to find since I'm fussy ie flat boots, comfortable, simple design etc. Second, it was a great bargain.

Who says we cant have both, elegance and comfort? *grins*