Monday, January 19, 2009

The age dilemma

During a meeting with an MD, he said, “thank you for helping us today. I understand your schedule is pretty tight.” I wasn’t sure what he meant but I told him I have already completed one deal last week. When I checked my schedule later, I found out I’m on 3 deals, 2 will take place this week and I’m swamped til mid March!

Oh well, at least the big kahunas acknowledge my hectic schedule, not that I play a big role to the department. In a way, I feel relieved that they know and appreciate that I’m busy. It does boost your morale, especially since a restructuring took place recently.

After months of ‘hibernation’, clocking 55 hours per week (60 if you include lunch time) over the past two weeks took a toll on me physically. Somehow the hours felt longer today and I was just feeling so fatigue that I told myself to leave work by 7pm. My body needs to adjust and I’m sure it gets there eventually.

Now you understand why I feel old. *sigh*

On a cheerful note, last weekend I managed to have a girls’ day out with mini B and friends. While trying to find a place at a cafe, a guy offered us to sit at his table, enough to accommodate our group and his. Probably he took pity seeing the lil one.

He asked, “is she your daughter?” I answered yes. He then said, “Ah, was about to ask you out.” My girlfriends had a wide grin on their face and quickly said, “but she is still single”.

“I suppose I can still ask you out then”, he responded with a smile.

I was triggered to share this incident as one of my favourite bloggers wrote a piece about dating younger men. This guy is tall (close to 6 feet), dark (a malay!) and deliciously handsome. Oh, he happens to be a player. Not that kind of player but like those professional sportsmen. So you can imagine his physical attributes. *winks*

As for the age gap, it is close to a decade! *gasp* Almost as long as my career. Very ikan bilis.

Two different snippets; one makes me feel old, one makes me feel younger (but 10 years age gap! You got to be kidding). *smack her head*


*Ms B is in dire need of a back massage. Perhaps it'd be a good idea to go out with The Player. She reckons that his hands must be firm.*

12 comments:

... said...

haha, say yes ;).

n.i. said...

owwhhhhhhhh!!!! *wink**wink**wink*

on a different note, do take care of yourself!

Inah said...

ahaaa..i smell something *wink*

D said...

Yes... a back massage sounds excellent! Do make sure you have enough rest as well as fun during the weekends if you have horrible days during the week. Aaah, forget about age. Have you heard about Wook Kundur, the grandma who married a guy about 69 years younger than her? LOL!!!

As long as he's not a 'player', then I say OK...*grin*

Cosmic_GurL said...

Hahaha...go for it girl..you've got nothing to lose :)

Ms B said...

darlene,

*LOL* yeah right. But it seems boys are more proactive than men of my age.

I barely have time for myself, let alone for a date. I think I rather stay home and watch sexy men on telly.

Ms B said...

n.i.,

*grins* It was flattering at that moment of course.

I know. I do need a solid 7 hours of sleep. Instead of dreaming of sexy guys, work keeps popping in my sleep. *rolling eyes*

Ms B said...

Inah,

hmmm, I thought the smell came from your cheese cake. *winks*

Ms B said...

D,

The back ache is a clear sign of aging. *sigh* I'm not sure how I can mix fun during weekdays, unless I have another "breathless" moment. *LOL*

Hmm, I have yet to discover if he can be a 'player'.

Ms B said...

CG,

Ala, I was in my jeans and top with no make up. Perhaps they thought I was a post grad student babysitting my daughter.

As much as I wish for a date with a delicious guy, I doubt I'd have any for the nextt 4-6 weeks. Staying at home with a good book is a better option after a hard day at work.

Anonymous said...

i missed this entry yesterday... ketinggalan zaman sikit!

but wow... charming guy from the sound of it...! ;)

Ms B said...

momster,

charming? cant comment much but i notice the new age guys are really risk takers.