Sunday, March 04, 2007

Napoli part III

Usually after the dinner, we would spend time in the living room. The lil one will watch her cartoon and me and Mr Milan chatted (with some help from the phrasebook). The good thing about this trip was we got to know a lot more about each other. Our first meeting was in Dusseldorf, where we both there for business purpose. Usually our character at work is different and more serious compare to outside. This trip helped us to get to know the other side of each other.

Mr Milan said that the person he met in Dusseldorf was such a different person, someone who has many issues or had a rough past. He would not know that I am single parent, struggle between a career and being a mother, and we are such simple people. All he saw was a “high-flying career” woman. Guess his perception of me changed.

So on this third day, knowing that we would be leaving on that day, I asked him about our check-out time and about our luggage. He just smiled. He told me not to worry about checking out. Well, usually hotels have this policy of checking out before 12pm and our flight was about 6pm. Of course I was worried. On our way out, he went to see the manager and I presumed they were talking about our check-out time. The manager went to the pc and voila, he extended our stay for free! The benefits of staying in suite, huh?

Before we left, Mr Milan already told the lil one that today, they would go on a shopping spree and I would not have any say. I no longer had an excuse. He already bought us another bag. If you remember a scene in Pretty Woman, well, that was exactly how he treated my daughter. Three sales assistants helped her with a selection of clothes to try on. My lil girl felt like a model, cat-walking with the clothes each time she tried them on. She simply loves the clothes. Very groovy! And also pricey. The clothes included Armani. Even on sale, they were still very costly.

The lil one suddenly asked, “Mr Milan is shopping for me. How about for you mummy?”. S heard her question and told me, “I think the boss wants to bring you somewhere special, madam”. We strolled along the shops and stopped somewhere in the middle of the gallery (open air building with nice shops inside). He adjusted my coat and the loose thread of my buttons. He took my hand into this shop which did not display their price tag. A sales assistant greeted him and he told what he wanted. The girl came with a selection coats. I tried a black long coat. Elegant and classy. It felt lovely, just like when Cinderella got her beautiful dress from the fairy godmother. I fell in love with the coat instantly.

The girl took the coat and Mr Milan just nodded. We went to the counter and the girl took out the calculator. I think it was on sale. What I did not expect was the price even after discount. It was ten times more than what he spent on the lil one! I looked at Mr Milan, told him it was too much. He said it is a gift and he knew I love the coat.

Before lunch, we visited the old church and its garden. The garden had mandarin trees, full of fruits. In the middle of garden, there were ceramics with blue and orange designs. The setting was peaceful. During this time, Mr Milan had a 10 minute business phone call. He kept apologising for being so long on the phone. One thing about Mr Milan is that, when he was with us, he gave his full attention.

After lunch, we went back to the hotel and rested. Left at about 4pm to the airport. Mr Milan kept telling me to let him know once we reached home. Our journey together ended at Milan airport. By this time, I felt a bit sad. It was a lovely holiday. For the first time in such a long time, I did not have to worry about anything. It was good that we were being taken care of by someone else. I am glad that I took this chance, to get to know Mr Milan.

As I said, it was a perfect fairy tale…

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

Thanks for sharing this supposed fairytale that you starred in. How wonderful. I drifted onto dreamland as I read your account. Fabulous.

Life is full of mystery and each and everyone of us will be given sweet slices of beautiful dreams come true no matter what, that befits us. We just have to have belief. I do belief, and I have received many slices of dreams come true, just like yours but in diffrent forms. The forms that I dream of that is.

Keep well and hang in there, and kisses and hugs to lil one.

Ms B said...

Kak Ruby dear,

It was a lovely fairy tale. Me and the little one was having a great time.

Until today I'm still amazed how did our paths crossed. He wants to bring me back to Germany, where we first met. How romantic is that...?

ps: He also calls everyday without fail, even while he was travelling between cities.

Anonymous said...

did anythng develop between u n him? i mean emotional dev..or r u guys r just friends?

Ms B said...

Simah, soalan sensasi ni. :)

Hmmm, dont know. He's a kind person. I love all the little things he did for us.

Idham said...

:) here is wishing you happiness - in whatever forms it may come.
i saw twinkles in ur eyes when u mentioned his name.
and he is so kind, and caring....

get well soon.

*hugs ur daughter - she is so so beautiful*

idham

Ms B said...

Id,

Twinkles in my eyes? I think it was just the lights. heheheh...

he writes beautiful love letters too... :)

Yeah I know. My daughter is just adorable. Cant wait to hug her.