Friday, March 02, 2007

Napoli part II

The next day, we wanted to go to Pompei. I simply love the journey as the view and scenery was awesome. For those of you who have watched “the sisterhood of travelling pants”, it’s exactly like the Greek village where Lena went to visit her grandparents. The small lanes, cute houses within the hills, cars parked along the road to enjoy the view.

However, half way through the journey, my little girl threw up. Twice! I couldn’t save the first one. It was all over her clothes. She cried as it was her favourite shirt. Mr Milan said not to worry and tried to calm her down, saying we would go shopping at Positano, a tourist village.

When we reached there, Mr Milan went on a shopping spree for her. We went to a few shops, got a few t shirts and very nice jeans skirt for her. Part of the bottom of the jeans has knitwear of colourful flowers. Very girlie! She changed on the spot and just loved her new style. As we strolled along the village, my lil girl couldn’t help noticing all the cute stuffs on the walls or in the shops. She asked me to take a picture of her in front of a shop that had mermaid carvings. We found a place which sells ladies garments and Mr Milan asked me to try a few typical Italian clothes. Mostly long skirts with matching blouse. Tried a few and Mr Milan chose the ones that look nice on me. I was quite stunned on the amount he spent on us on that day. For throwing up, we got a few hundreds euros of new clothes. The happiest person was of course my girl.

Since she wasn’t feeling well, we decided to change our plans and headed back to the hotel. Mr Milan told me not to worry about the little girl’s clothes and get the hotel staffs to clean it. He said, “when you are with me, you don’t have to do anything.” Something along that line. His english vocab is quite limited, remember?

After getting the chamber-maid to pick up her clothes, we rested for a while. The little one couldn’t stop running from one room to another, jumping on Mr Milan’s bed. We promised her ice cream and after we had our rest, we decided to take a walk outside the hotel. It was refreshing to take a stroll. Mr Milan took us to a café about 10 mins walk and saw good selection of gelato. Me and the little got our ice creams (I think Mr Milan was watching his diet. Heheh). We strolled the places nearby, enjoying our desserts. Mr Milan then decided to take a taxi. I thought he wanted to browse or shop a pair of shoes.

When we got out of the taxi, he took us into a shoe shop and surprise! He actually wanted to get a new pair of shoes for moi. But everything in Italy was too fancy! I like simple designs. So he took us to another shop, selling Chloe, Channel etc. Yup! The shop which I cant afford. Still I couldn’t find anything that I like. We ended up buying stuffs for our friends back in London and some savouries to bring back. He paid everything as usual.

We got back to our hotel. S said he would pick us up at 730pm for dinner. By this time, we were famine. The little one ordered margarita and I asked for grilled fish. Again we were entertained with a musician and Mr Milan sang along. We talked more about my past, through S of course. Brought back some painful memories. S was promoting Mr Milan, saying he’s a good man. After dinner, we had another tour of the city.

End of part 2

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

memang mcm fairy tale.. the only difference is..u n ur lil girl were living it..:0)

susah nak percaya but i suppose these kind of things do happen ..

Anonymous said...

:) .... wow! i am blownaway....with this fairytales happening......

see u soon.....*smiling* nak dengar sambungan cerita...and i promise not to tell simah ahead of ur entry....hehehehe

idham

Ms B said...

Simah,

Memang susah nak percaya sampai cubit tangan. :)

Id,

Thanks! I'm sure Simah is happy to read the finale.