Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Mother's day

Friday night, when I got back home:

Lil (with a low tone voice): Mummy, I have a surprise for you. I made you a card for mother’s day.
Me : It is not a surprise if you are telling me.
Lil : I’m not telling you. I’m just whispering.
Me : Aahhh. Ok then.

*I was trying hard to maintain my composure*

Saturday:
Lil : Is today Sunday, mummy?
Me : No, it’s Saturday.
Lil : So tomorrow is Sunday? It’s Mother’s day tomorrow.
Me : Yup.

Sunday, whole day busy. We both forgot about it. As I tucked her to bed at 8pm:

Lil : Mummy, I forgot to give you your card.
Me : hmmm, ok. You can take it out now.

She jumped out of bed, went into the living room and ransacked her school bag. She gave me the card.

Lil (while reading): Happy Mother’s day, mummy! There are 7 crosses for 7 kisses. All for you.
Me : Thank you baby!

I tucked her again, kissed her good night, I went to the living room and read my card in silence. Full of hearts and the 7 crosses for 7 kisses. I kept it safe, in my treasure box.

I’m so blessed…..

No comments: