Sunday, November 22, 2009

Six pence

It was another roller-coaster week with the young lady down with an almost-full-blown flu. Sleepless nights were expected and to make matters worse, I had another deal due by the end of the week. Somehow all those years of multi-tasking came in handy and we both survived. Phew!

As she was feeling bright and shine yesterday, we thought it’d be nice to go out and chill. Thankfully the weather was on our side, at least during the day. It started to rain in the evening and today, it looks like it’s a storm out there. Perhaps it is nothing compare to the Norwegian weather but for this part of the world, it’s close enough to be considered a storm.

Where was I? Ah, yes. While we were making our way to the nearest bus stop close to the famous park, something popped inside my head and I asked the young lady, “would you like to catch a falling leaf?

Of course the suggestion was welcomed with a wide grin and sparkling eyes. There we were, running under the trees, trying our best to catch one. At one point we bumped into each other, making the whole thing looked silly. In between our giggles and laughter, I couldn’t help feeling how much fun we were having. I could sense people around us were smiling and somewhat envied our silliness, as if life was free from troubles.

Then, at the mall, there was a stage which replicated a music recording studio complete with props and anyone could come up and take photo. The young lady wanted to give it ago and she picked the guitar. I placed the strap on her shoulders and she was ready to be the next rock star. *grins* Her ‘band’ had another guitarist and drummer, both girls and younger than her. I think they had a singer too, a toddler who wanted to be close to his sister on stage.

It was definitely a good day and the crazy week we had seemed to have faded away. As I count my blessing, I look forward to a new journey...

Something old, something new,
Something borrowed, something blue,
And silver six pence in your shoe.

4 comments:

... said...

ok somehow -- it makes me nervous reading the 'something old something new....'

Naz in Norway said...

Beautiful post, MsB!
Hugs from MrsK and MiniKs
:p

momster said...

I've been trying to leave comment since last week fr my blackberry but failed let's hope this works!
Great to hear u both had a good day. I've been discharged fr hospital yday n won't be at work until the 30th. I hope everything will go smooth. My prayers are always with you Ms B!

Ms B said...

darlene,

you can let your imagination run wild. ;-)

Naz,

I need to figure out what K stands for now. ;-)

Momster,

Thank you for updating us! Glad you are recuperating at home (and outside.. :D ).

I will keep you posted ok.