Thursday, November 05, 2009

Between breakfast, beverage and soup

Amongst other things on my pile of to do list was finding a particular item. Once again I thought it’d be an easy task but oh boy, how wronged was I! None of the items I saw was ‘calling me’, thus leaving me with no option but to go to safe places or take a stroll along my favourite street.

They say you cant go wrong with breakfast. Unfortunately, the one I liked which I saw online was not available in store. The ones they had were not exactly my taste, thus I had to eliminate them (so much for wanting to be safe).

Then it was time to test beverage. It wasn’t bad at all. I found a few which met my requirement. They weren’t exactly what I was looking for but after trying, they turned out nice, thus stressing the importance of testing your goods before deciding. The store manager took the time to advise and gave me a range for consideration.

However, I stumbled upon something which truly represented me in soup. Her place was sandwiched between two big stores and had a huge bouncer standing in front of the door. Me and the buddy weren’t sure whether we should go in but Mr Bear (the bouncer did look like one!) smiled and asked if we wanted to. We seized the offer and just went inside.

There it was... the perfect thing... soup was all about attention to details which makes her items unique. I couldn’t help admiring her work and I knew instantly that I have fallen for it.

The question now is whether I should follow my heart or mind. Between soup and beverage, the latter has practical range. Affordability no longer applies in this equation but being me, my mind usually rules. Beverage is known for its superb quality but soup is all about individuality. My mind says I should go for beverage but my heart yearns for the presence of soup!

After a few days of tossing about the idea, I decided to end my sleepless nights. I picked up the phone and made an appointment... *smile*

Yeah I know.. Too many metaphors. *wink*

Have a good weekend friends!

*Ms B and mini B will miss their shopping-mates who are on their way back home. She hopes the bond she shares with her friend will continue between their chic girls.*

12 comments:

IDB said...

handbag, diamond ring, phone, car ???

god help me, i just cant read between the lines..hahahaha...or maybe because aidan is screaming!

that was a good post by the way!

n.i. said...

huhuhu i am so confusedla babe! hehehe

... said...

hmm... i say go for both. my fav brunch is coffee, soup and bread butter pudding. and chicken sandwich (yummy croissant) if i'm allowed another hour. yeap go for both and more ms b. there's always room ;).

D said...

woo hoo!! I know the theme but can only guess so much! LOLs!

my opinion? soup. splurge and splurge gurl! it's not often that you get to do that.

Ms B said...

IDB,

Left some breadcrumbs. Hope you managed to solve the puzzle. *grins*

Ms B said...

n.i.,

It's ok. This post is meant to confuse everyone! *lol*

Ms B said...

darlene,

a friend said something similar. She suggested something but said that I can always get the other one anytime ie on another special occasion.

err... before i go for more, i better check my purse first yeah? *wink*

Ms B said...

D,

Please refer text message. *lol*

yeah yeah... will keep you informed but most suggested soup.

Jumper said...

Perhaps it's a late night reading that my brain is switching off. But seriously Ms B, I'm clueless of what it's all about. Instead of trying harder to find the meaning, I'm assuming that Ms B is madly in love and contemplating the magical menu for her breakfast in bed with her new found love...'
Good night.

toughcookie said...

ms b, apologies for the late reply and thank you for the online shopping link!

Ms B said...

Jumper,

*lol* well, you are partly right. I'm sure your other half can give some clues. But then again, even n.i. was confused by this post.

TC,

it's ok. Just wanted to share the link cos there are a handful which suit Jada's age.

IDB said...

MsB,
I think i've solved the mind-boggling puzzle ;) Soup, soup!!!