Sunday, September 13, 2009

She got the look

I am planning to get my cookies today (Sorry Naz. I don’t think I’m up to it to make them on my own. You and D are the masters in this subject). My regular suppliers said that they have more selection this year but I only take the usual. I need to store them somewhere safe, even from my own sight as I know the iman could not resist.

Last year I got this lovely baju kurung for the young lady a day before our departure from a nearby boutique. Even after alteration, it was still too big for her and hence, it was kept in the wardrobe. I took it out yesterday and now, it fits her nicely. During the summer sale a few weeks ago, she spotted a peach dress to her liking from Monsoon, together with the accessory and it will definitely be added for Eid.

As for me, I cant remember when was the last time I got myself a pair of baju kurung. For the past two years, my ever-so-thoughtful baby brother got me one. Since I’ve only worn them once (for both years), I think I might as well don them again. My only wish is that I can get back to my pre-ramadan weight. Extra flesh is much appreciated, thank you.

The young lady needed a pair of party shoes (I doubt her Sketchers is suitable for the baju kurung and dress). Off we went yesterday to the department store to search for the perfect pair. However, the ones she liked were either none of her size or uncomfortable upon trial. Feeling despair, I thought I could cheer her up by getting PlayMais, a craft made from cornstarch with different colours. They look like those wine corks, except you can squeeze or shape them and stick to each other using water.

Anyway, we thought of ditching the whole shoe hunt when I realised that one of her favourite shops has them in their range. As we walked in, she found a few items that she loved and she ended up looking like this (note: some of the items shown were already worn):

Her choice



She really looked so groovy that she decided to wear the hat after I made the purchase. Oh, we found a nice pair of shoes, so mission accomplished.

Just a few doors down the road, there is a new MD outlet and imagine to our surprise when the store assistant said that they have kids collection, the first in London! Oh la la! However, the young lady was still happy with her recent grabs that she didn’t bother to get anything from there. Oh well, maybe next time.

.

13 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Oh! I can imagine all of these....but I need a face lah! ;)

We're keeping a low profile this year too. The guys still have their baju melayu and songkok. The little missy insisted that she wants a baju kurung bling bling this year, to which the brothers said *puasa pun tidak, nak raya lebih lebih!*...haha!

n.i. said...

wowwy! the young lady has taste :-)

Anonymous said...

Ms B,
You can have my extra flesh for free, you know! :P

IDB said...

that is one funky, groovy outfit! and MD has kids now ? thats cool to hear.

i badly need a decent baju kurung for EID, even cotton will do. kebaya definitely out of the picture for now! haha

like momster, you can take my flesh too..heheh..baru balance sikit

[danial][ma] said...

hej! Ms B...your eid must be great this year with all those yummy cookies and also nice baju raya for little B...hehehehe...i just bough a pair of baju arab in dubai, think to wear it during winter...;-)

Ms B said...

Naz,

The face (and figure!) is secondary. What matters is that we can carry the look. *grins*

Alaa, I pun every year low profile but at least I will take a day off, unlike my friends who had gone to work in the past. You can add those bling bling by getting fancy necklace/bracelet. I'm sure Missy will love it.

Ms B said...

N.i.,

I bet if you saw her that day, you'd be amazed too. She picked up the style and tried them on! She even said, "mummy can you find something similar in your size so that we have the same style?"

I am taking fashion advice from my own daughter! *lol*

Ms B said...

Momster,

now, if only someone was creative enough to make a device which can transfer one's body weight to another, it'll make all women happy. *grins*

Ms B said...

IDB,

Can you please tell me where is the 'lemak' you are referring to, cos I dont think I have seen any? But again, refer my response to momster, it'll be one of those must-have gadgets in the century. *lol*

She's very chic and groovy I must say. If we didnt get the stuff earlier, she would have asked something from MD. Btw, she only likes certain shops, so it's easier to get her stuff.

Hunny said...

She definitely got style!! Wouldn't mind wearing those items myself hehehe

Ms B said...

Hi Danial,

My Eid will be slightly different this year. Maybe I will write about it.

Baju arab during winter? Make sure u take some photos, ok?

Ms B said...

Hunny,

Her wool cardigan is 3/4 length, so u can see the inner top's sleeves. The combination makes her look chic and comfy.

... said...

ms b,
selamat hari raya.
maaf salah silap.
enjoy the holidays! (hope you are taking extra leave -- but enjoy the day anyway)