Sunday, September 06, 2009

Matters of the heart

The school holiday has come to an end. We (or maybe I) survived the 7 week break without going bonkers. Entertaining kids these days is no joke, especially for a person who has limited vocabulary when it comes to fun and creativity. Thankfully we had the kids’ centre which provided the much needed activities. The young lady enjoyed herself, with trips to Safari Park, Zoo, theatre show, horse riding to name a few. On the days they stayed at the centre, they learnt arts craft, cooked/baked and played outdoor sports. All in all, I’m glad she had fun and made new friends.

We will go back to the usual routine but after weeks of having packed lunch, the young lady has requested for such during school term. I suppose it is manageable for the time being. Things might change after a few weeks, depending on the market. If it does, school dinners will do (it is actually lunch and I have no idea why they call it such).

The young lady looks forward to the start of a new term, but she knows it will be a matter of time for us to bid farewell to this place. Still, the heart hesitates for it longs for the presence of the rest of the loved ones back home. It doesn’t make it easier when they say one should follow one’s heart, only to be felt otherwise by the subsequent opinions given. If the heart rules, living back home is no longer ideal even in the long run. Many could not see the practicality of such decision.

Yet, if a compromise decision is made and in the best interest of all parties, surely it can be seen as a solution. What works for some, may not work for others. There will always be difference in opinions and to please everyone can be a nightmare.

There is one thing for sure. For the first in a very long time, I am looking forward to Eid...


Picture from MSN

.

11 comments:

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

are you coming back Ms B? :)

Naz in Norway said...

Dear MsB,
I wish with all my heart that you and your little girl will be happy where ever you are.
Take care and lots of hugs from me :)
(London or Msia, I hope to see both of you one day)

Hunny said...

Ms B,

You're going back soon?

Ms B said...

Jane/Hunny,

No, I am not going back yet, so that's one part of the puzzle answered. :-)

Kak Teh said...

Ms B, you are going back for raya? How nice! hope to meet up before you go.

D said...

Ah, I can help answer the question to why they call lunch dinner. hehehe... Dinner is actually the main meal of the day, and to these funny Brits, lunch (the afternoon meal) is supposed to be the main meal. Funny eh?

The heart & head will syncronize and you'll settle well, insyaAllah.. Wherever, whatever! :)

Ms B said...

Naz,

We are happy with where we are and anything that comes along is a bonus. However, sometimes we need to meet others' expectation, at least half way thru. The dilemma of being a mother, daughter and a sister.

One day, perhaps our path will cross. *smiles*

Ms B said...

KT,

As explained via text, not going back for raya. Hope we get to meet you on Eid.

Ms B said...

D,

Ah, thank you for providing the information. It has been a mystery to me for god knows how long! If that's the case, do I call all three meals as dinner too as I cant live without them? *grins*

sigh... syncronising isnt easy, esp when we hv few roles to fill.

Anonymous said...

you always put a little twist in your postings - I seriously thought you were thinking of going home for good.
waited till you left a comment on the others ;)

Ms B said...

IDB,

*grins* Yes I am fond of adding some twist in my post. You'll figure out someday.

Btw, I shall check out KM but usually I cant find anything that I fancy. But yours turns out nice!