Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Of lemons

(Pic from wikimedia)

Sometimes, despite your best efforts otherwise, life will give you lemons. When that happens, you've got two choices: you can wear a sour face or make lemonade.
~ Burke, Love Happens ~


The thing about unpacking is that you discover old items which trigger memorable events, or get you thinking why you got that in the first place.

Today while going through my CD collections, I found this Malay album compilation which had Khayalan by VE & Ruffedge in its playlist. I saw they were signed; the cover and discs. I began to wonder who gave me the album but the only clue I could figure out (or eligible to read) was the dates. I suppose the mystery remains unsolved unless my memory decides to give me a treat by giving glimpses of the past.

If I am not mistaken, songs are usually given by member of the opposite sex. Then again, being me, I am always oblivious with this stuff.

Anyway, I wanted to write about lemons but got sidetracked by this discovery. For as long as I could remember, I have been able to make lemonades whenever life gives me this citrus. One cannot avoid from having lemons, although it would be nice if they can be replaced with melons once in a while. Unless you happen to be at Hyde Park on a hot summer day where melons can be spotted from a far, nicely wrapped in bikinis or bounce under tank tops, please expect lemons coming your way.

Even when they were pouring down like there was no tomorrow, I could still turn the excessive fruit into pickles. It gives a nice flavour to Mediterranean dishes and lasts longer.

Yet there is a limit to how much a body can consume lemonades or space to store preservative. If a person can die from drinking too much water, I am certain that lemonades will have similar effect or worse, accelerate the process.

Besides, it takes less effort to wear a sour face and from time to time, one should be forgiven for choosing the easier way to reflect one’s emotions for having a downpour of lemons.

Oh well, at least I was able to bake lovely scones yesterday
.

3 comments:

Ummi to Hamzah said...

Hi Ms B!Long time xdrop xcomment in ur blog.hope all are well on ur side ;) eem not understanding much on this post though,but can i get recipe to the scones u baked? Hehe sgt suka scones tapi xpernah baked it before.tqvm! U can email me at mawar.mohamad2308@gmail.com

The Momster said...

Deep Ms B... really deep...! ;)

Ms B said...

Hi Mawar,

I will try to google the recipe again and post at this blog.

Momster,

As per sms, bad day indeed. Trying to keep everything together aint easy.