Sunday, January 03, 2010

New Year ramblings

I’ve drafted a few posts but they weren’t good enough to be published. Nothing interesting has caught my attention or worthy enough to dwell into. When other people went out to see the fireworks wherever they were on New Year’s eve, we spent the night watching Jack Sparrow on the telly and went to bed soon after. Staying up for countdown no longer appeals, especially not with this weather. We rather spend the night cuddled under our duvet.

The year also promises new tv series which includes The Vampire Diaries, new season of NCIS and CSI NY. I hope TVD is better than True Blood. I tried watching it (TB) but somehow I lost the plot half way. Maybe seasoned vampires are not my thing.

There is also a new movie which I am keen to see, Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief. It is based on a book and has something to do with Greek mythology, my kind of thing. *grins* The young lady doesn’t understand why I am eager to watch as she thinks it’s scary. I think Medusa played by Uma Thurman has put her off from watching. The snakes on her head look pretty damn good.

Resolutions wise, nothing in particular in my list. I just want to get our paperwork sorted so that we can move closer to the other half. I am also looking forward to the much needed career break. After ten and a half years in this profession, it is wise to slow down and spend time with my loved ones. It seems a few of my friends would like to do the same, one of them intends to enjoy the World Cup. I suppose when we have the luxury to leave our profession and enjoy the moment, why not give it a go.

Anyway, I hope the year will bring wonderful things to you and whatever you seek or wish for, it will come true. Let’s take a stroll into the year, shall we?

Percy Jackson's trailer
:

6 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Ohoooo we're all looking forward to that movie too :)
I'm making sure that my eldest finish reading the books first, though.

Happy New Year, MsB and MiniB. Lot of hugs from me and my kids.

Anonymous said...

Ms B,
Next time just post those drafts! Nothing is not good enough to be published coming from you ;)

I wish I can take a career break too. Hope you get all the paperwork sorted a.s.a.p!

Happy New Year!

Ms B said...

Naz,

I am thinking of getting the book but if I'm not mistaken, the kids in the book are twelve years old but the movie has teenagers.

I see that you are having a wonderful time back home.

Ms B said...

momster,

my juice was running low while i was ill. couldnt even write anything that made sense!

i am just tired. all the late nights for the past 10+ years are taking a toll. i would love to spend time with the young lady and the other half.

happy new year to u & the boys!

IDB said...

out of topic...that paolo nautini song has been playing in my head the past few days! haha. hubby has the new album but i actually find the old album better!

and a career break is definitely a great idea! ;)

Ms B said...

IDB,

I dont even know which songs fall into which album. I wanted to try paolo's song and found these two.

i'm sure u are enjoying every single minute of your break.