Thursday, January 21, 2010

My sacrifice

We've seen our share of ups and downs
Oh, how quickly life can turn around
In an instant

It feels so good to reunite
Within yourself and within your mind
Let's find peace there

Cause when you are with me, I'm free
I'm careless, I believe
Above all the others, we'll fly
This brings tears to my eyes
My sacrifice


***********************************
She said, "You are my treasure mummy. Nothing else matters."
And so are you honey. so are you...


Flashback of the past keeps playing inside my mind. The toddler who waited patiently at the station on her way to the nursery, not once complaining about the freezing weather. The girl who fought her eyes hard not wanting to fall asleep during the journey as it meant her mom had to carry her from the stop to their home. The young lady who simply knew the value of things and did not ask much even when she was in the shop which had all the things she desired.

For all the sacrifices she has done for me, the least I could is to fulfill her wish.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having goosebumps just by reading this.

I can feel you, Ms B! The l'il princess is super sweet, as always.

Inah said...

somehow there's tears in my eyes reading this..i can feel how much u loved her..

goshh..i wish my mum could know how much i loved her too..

sometimes it's hard to say it out loud :(

D said...

Yup, nothing else matters more than our child. Hang on babes! x

Jumper said...

You're both meant for each other, deserve each other and nothing can change that.... Insyallah.

Ms B said...

Momster,

There are times I could clearly see those images of her. Despite our situation, she was always happy and calm. That somehow made all of these possible.

Ms B said...

Inah,

For some people, love is unspoken but their actions speak louder.

My lil one always amazes me with her spur-of-the-moment phrases.

Ms B said...

D,

Yes honey. Hanging dearly on this very thin branch of a tree. ;-)

Ms B said...

Jumper,

Amin! I hope so too. We wouldnt be where we are without each other's support.

Melb said...

She will become a strong person just like her mother.

IDB said...

what a sweet young lady you have!
ive been meaning to leave a comment for ages but life has been a little messy lately,i hope all's well with you both. you must be really looking forward to your new life!

Ms B said...

Melbourne,

I hope so too but all I really want is for her to enjoy her childhood.

IDB,

Ah, i understand. It's hard to juggle esp in an igloo condition. *lol* Hope your boiler gets fixed soon.