Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Curiosity killed the cat?

Have you come across a situation where a person decided to walk out of your life and suddenly appeared out of nowhere, only to irritate you by asking inappropriate questions?

If that person was close to you, asking those questions wouldn’t be an issue. Yet when a friend left for months and suddenly comes back only to touch on sensitive matters, surely one will find it awkward. I find it quite ironic when people demand for privacy and expect others to understand their choice yet poke their nose into other’s life.

Similarly, you think that after years spending outside your country, one will have less prejudice towards people of different background. Unfortunately, some of us don’t learn. Instead of understanding and bridging the differences, we remain ignorant. By being so, one tends to ask questions which appear weird and irrelevant. Now, if only a person does his or her homework, they will start to realise that the questions don’t reflect the situation at all. If I may, it does sound stupid.

I suppose under these circumstances, curiosity killed the cat.

Maybe I am just one of those people who dont ask my single friends of their relationship status, the childless couple on having kids or those with one child on having more. Understand your audience before you start shooting those questions. If a person has given much thought on a decision, try to respect it. It doesn’t look good on you to be asking sensitive matters when your life is more screwed up than others.

I am getting too old for this. I can either reply a remark sarcastically or be ignorant. I think the latter is a better option as it saves my energy to do other interesting things. I foresee more questions arise in future but what the heck. I am sure I can create an invisible shield to steer away those arrows.

On a lighter note, I found a nice coat to keep myself warm during this brutal winter. My existing jacket has a torn and since I'm unsure when I can escape from this miserable weather, I better equip myself with proper attire. Upon googling, I realised it was a runway collection. Not bad, huh?


Fall 2009 runway collection by E Tahari

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being pestered with more and more Q is it? Hehe. No stop to it, for sure, but yes, I do believe to be ignorant is good - most of the time.

Love that coat! Get the same arm candy the model is carrying next? Hihihi.

Ummi to Hamzah said...

:) hi miss B, i think so too being ignorant is better. Save your energy. Btw the coat is lovely...

D said...

You know, I seriously walk the opposite direction when I see those who are just darn inquisitive walking my way - I don't reply emails, add as friend on FB or give them the pleasure of getting into a 'friendly yet elaborate' conversation. It's just the polite nod and small talk. Ignoring them is best!

Yummy coat that is!

toughcookie said...

i so agree with you. unfortunately, ramai orang macam ni actually...

Ms B said...

momster,

the questions will never stop. it will be one after another, no matter what. *grins*

They dont have many range here as the designer is based in the States. I doubt the bag is available here. tapi cantik kan?

Ms B said...

hi mawar,

we have better use of our energy. live life with our loved ones!

oh, the coat is definitely lovely and at a good bargain. my luck for shopping late!

Ms B said...

D,

I must learn to be as brutal as you (and the weather!). i wonder why people think they can dictate our way of life. I thought our main concern is to observe His guidance. as long as we abide the law (both religion and human laws), it should not be their concern.

anyway, i LOVE the coat!!! sesungguhnya maple honey menawan! *lol*

Ms B said...

TC,

ha ah. ramai sungguh orang mcm ni. too many busybodies when there is nothing to dwell into. I would hv understood if the matter is against law or religion eg people living together out of wedlock, drugs etc.

Anyway, i better focus on my yummy coat. malas nak layan.