Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Love actually

Yesterday, my lil girl gave me a card. It was Mother’s day on Sunday. So yesterday, at school, she did the card. Inside it read,

“ To Mummy. I am sorry for not giving you anything on Mother’s day. I love you and I hope you get better. Love from Mini Ms Istanbul”

She drew a picture of me lying on bed and her standing next to.

You see, I got sick over the weekend. Really bad. It wasnt fever or flu. Just seriously bad stomach ache and vomiting. The pain was unbearable that on Sunday I decided to see the private doc. Thats me. I don’t compromise on our health. If a private GP is needed, so be it. And on Sundays, it’s an extra 50% charge. Apparently, according to him and my fellow doc friends, there is a bug running around. Weird English bug I reckon.

During this period, I must say that the lil one did her best to make me feel better. While I rested on the sofa, she took the blanket and covered me. I made sure that the snacks and drinks were on the table so that it would be easy for her to reach. The nanny came and took her out for a few hours so that she wouldn’t get bored.

When I read the card, it touched my heart. Her words show how much she loves me. I told her, “the best gift is your presence. And last weekend was the best mother’s day ever because you spent the day with me.” She smiled.

He came as well. Spent the whole afternoon, made pizza for the lil one. What more can I ask for? Thank you to both of you for taking care of me. I am blessed.

5 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, felt a lump in my throat reading of your daughter's card to you.
My thoughts of she wishing she has some money to get you a small present but unable to.
Life is a flower of which love is the honey.
Your mentioned of 'HE' came, I guess love is something eternal, the aspect may change, but not the essence.
I hope you feeling much better now?
Re your daughter not seeing snow in London...and we here having snow and ice since late November.
It has been snowing with a snowstorm every few days, and last night till this afternoon it snowed like crazy. The snow beside my car is knee high!
Driving is like doing a waltz on the road, got to jaga no car suddenly does a 360' spin.
Already forgotten what colour is grass, ha ha.
Ms Istanbul, you take care, get well soon.
Always happy you leave your key behind my place, thanks. Lee.

simah said...

ah...that is sooo sweet!

happy belated mother's day!

hope u r well by now...

p.s... how come u r always sick all the time? eveytime i come here u always have a bug or something... have u been working too hard again=?

take care ok?

D said...

wonderful! Hope you are fine now. Yup, those who love you will always stick by your side especially in difficult times. Well, especially when the bug is bugging!

*fizzy* said...

Miss Istanbul..

One day, I hope I can meet your Lil Ms Istanbul.
She's so adorable!!
:D

Ms B said...

Lee,

My lil girl is very thoughtful. She always puts others first before her. She was hoping to get me flowers, just like she did on the previous mother's day. Unfortunately, I was too sick to go out. But I tell you, what she wrote in the card meant so much more.

It is expected a bad storm tomorrow. 80mph of winds.

Simah,

heheheh... dah sihat. You only blog hop once in a while and so happens, its when I'm sick. Last entry about my sickness was sometime in Dec/Jan? hehhe.. Oh well, the average sick leave in UK is 15 days and I only utilised 8 days last year. Rugi!

D,

Heard your mother's day was good! The lil ones are so thoughtful.

Fizzy,

My lil girl is very adorable! All the nannies/babysitters love her. She loves to please ie good behaviour, being on top of her class etc.