Friday, March 14, 2008

Dating

"Enough! This is not dating. I want moonlight, and flowers, and candy, and people trying to feel me up. Nobody is trying to feel me up. Nobody is even looking at me. Do you have any idea how much effort it takes to do all this? I am waxed and plucked and I have a clean top on. No talking until you figure out how to put on a date. I want heat! I want romance! Damn it, I want to feel like a freaking lady!"

I seriously dont have time to dress up or groom myself. So when I do, they better take note. Especially the body lotion (top to toe), perfume at the right spots, killer dress with heels and stockings, WAXING!!! If they have any idea how much hell we have to go through, they will surely appreciate the effort. Seriously..

ps: Most of the time, he does. *winks*

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, love and romance is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart.
Find the person who will love you because of your differences and not in spite of them and you have found a lover for life.
Wow! Body lotion head to toe? Sniff, sniff....

"Hello Air canada....I want a ticket to Heathrow, London asap".
"What? All flights fully booked"? "Yes, its the March school break".
You have a good evening, Ms Istanbul, love your replies in my blog. I sure mesti reply that one, ha ha. Lee.

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, I actually wanted to post from experiences and observations something similar to what you posted...but on a different angle.
How to get a date, how to win that hunk of a man, how to behave on a date, how to get that second date etc.
But abit nervous posting it as afraid some ladies might take offence, even though strictly in jest, for fun.
Maybe I will...
You stay as you are, Ms Istanbul, maybe your stars not in right alignment yet, but Spring has arrived, so never can tell when 'that man' will call you or you receive a bouquet of roses asking for a dinner date.
You're too beautiful to miss. Lee.

Ms B said...

The way I see it, as I become older, the men have more charisma. I guess it's like wine, the older the better.

Or maybe because I too am not fussed with the "the dos and donts". What you see is what you get and I dont really know how to be "superficial". So if a guy can see through this plain jane, that guy must have what it takes to hang around with me.

Or maybe perhaps I have less expectation in romance that when it does happen, it really makes my day.