Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sexiness

I miss wearing skirts. So today I decided to brave the weather and put on one, with matching high heels shoes and black diamond shapes opaque/tights (more comfy that those fishnet stockings) . For a person who wears boots most of the time, it was a struggle to spend the whole day in those shoes. I wonder how did I manage with the 3 inch stilettos back home. Oh yeah, I forgot. I had a car then. I never even bothered to walk to the shops which are only 5 minutes away from home.

Anyway, the sexiness is not related to the way I dressed today. It’s about an article published in one of the dailies back home. It compared the elections between Thais and ours and how we fare. Apparently, ours is not sexy enough as we have had the same party ruled the country. I thought the article was catchy. *winks*

If I can exercise my vote, I will choose someone who can represent and speak for the people. That person should technically come from where I live (although it seems it is not the case back home). It’s all about leadership and not necessarily the brand.

Say in my world, we have the BBB banks who pinch top performers from their rivals. It doesn’t matter where these guys work, they still can deliver the results. No matter how huge the brand name is, it is all about the people and whether they can make themselves valuable. You can give them all the trainings and incentives but if they don’t have the effort to deliver the results, they will not be there for long. Of course the difference between the BBBs and the other banks is that the BBBs have more resources to deliver good results to clients. BUT it should be noted that regardless how much resources they have, it is pointless if the employees who are representing them do not possess the right skills and qualities, hence poor customer services. Now that explains why these people are paid ridiculously high bonus. *winks*

I can sense that there will be changes in this coming election. Well, at least to certain extent that we have check and balance.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam miss,

Since you have mentioned about election, i would like to say in passing about it if you don't mind me dropping a line here. This time around i won't be voting because i am here in england. In the previous election i kind of hope that there will be some changes but to my disappointment, nothing had happened. It's like being an england fan and had been expecting england to perform and win the world football cup each time around but to no avail. At the end of the day, I didn't feel like going to work, frustrated, betrayed & felt like i was having a very very bad day. SO,as for now, no more high hope for me thinking that there will be some changes back home. I don't want to be let down and frustrated all over again and to go through this emotional roller coaster let alone to be sad, distraught and subdued. The feeling is worst than being dumped by a gal i fancy.

note: i would normally use my blogger id but in this case, i make it an exception to use anonymous coz i'm on govt scholarship...can't risk that.

Anonymous said...

dearest miss istanbul..
[whom i miss dearly..]

I'm all excited as this coming GE will be my first experience casting a vote.
Hoping for a change? IMHO, I guess it's quite hard looking at the current happenings here..
No need to explain further I think.

On a different note, I love wearing skirts!
Hehehehehe.. but kat rumah only.


psst..: i'm still lazy.. haven't been updating. :D

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, I had to go back 5 postings to reach you here, ha ha. None had your key, till the 5th previous posting.
Anyway, election times always add to global warming what with all that hot air around.
Wow! You wearing mini skirts in Winter?
And looking ahemm, sexy!
Do I take the Marble Arch line, Bakerloo Line or Oxford to wait with my camera? Ha ha.
Ahhh, sex appeal is 50% what you've got and 50% what people think you've got.
Now I am thinking, *wink*.
Have a jolly good day, Lee.

elara said...

Hi ya Ms Istanbul.

As for me, i just want justice served, period. But again, justice is very subjective.

Ms B said...

Dear Anonymous,

Appreciate your comment even if you had to hide your identity. understandable. *winks*

I believe there is much to be done when it comes to our people, irrespective of their race, gender etc.

One should not lose faith in their dreams, of a better place to live. Besides, it is not just for us, but also our future generation.

Ms B said...

Fizzy dear,

OMG!! I havent heard from you for soooo long.

Yes! Like I said, this GE must be the most exciting event for the year. I cant believe I'm not around to see, live and breathe it!

I hope this time, it'll be a sexy outcome. *winks*

Lee dear,

It has been warmer these days, hence the skirt was acceptable (hahhaha). Back home, must be roasting, especially when there are MANY issues raised. Need to wear bikini to cool oneself. *winks*

Ahh, you are right. The mind game always adds spices. The "what if" creates more tense of whats define as sexy. *winks*

U keep well.

Ms B said...

Hi elara,

I'm sure any reasonablew, people minded, with no hidden agenda person, want justice. We want capable leaders who care and listen to the people.