Thursday, February 07, 2008

My first time

Of watching football. I dont think I ever watch a full game. Last night however, I did. Live at Wembley Stadium.

Never thought I'd say this but football is so much fun! I mean, it's very different to watch it from the comfort of your sofa than in a cheering crowd. Of course, I think I enjoyed it more cos I had it with VIP style.

Mr Milan came here just to watch the game. It was the first for England under the new manager, who happens to be a good friend of Mr Milan. We got great seats, view to die for. The driver dropped us at the main entrance where only people with the right pass could enter. There are a few entrances but ours had no crowds.

Seriously, I really had a great time. The cheers, chants, from not understanding the game, I became engrossed with it. *smiles*

Of course, like I said to my secretary, I think the next time I'll watch it, I'd prefer the VIP style. Just becos it's more convenient to reach home on time. Other people had to park their cars quite a distance or walked for a fair bit with the freezing weather to the nearest underground/rail/bus station.

Got more stories to share but I'll save it next time. I'm way too sleepy now. Good night everyone!

9 comments:

D said...

VIP style?? Woo Hoo!!! Of course anyone would trade anything for that! Good to hear that you had such a great time..

Anonymous said...

did u melompat lompat n menjerit sampai suara serak? *wink*

how r u? long time no see.. lama tak mai sini..d kids r at home..so sibuk layan diaorang (buat homework etc)..


glad 2 hear u r enjoying ur time...vip style lagi tu... iskh..jelessssnyaaaaaaaa :0)

take care! hugs n kisses to mini miss istanbul

Kak Teh said...

Ms istanbul, the atmosphere is just fantastic, isnt it - even for someone so blur about football. Been to two Man United games, and i think that's enough.
Ya, do tell me more when we meet up again.

udinb said...

Wahhhhh, U went to football match. Wembley some more. I had always dream to go to England match ... but never able to make it. The closest was last year ... England Vs Brazil friendly. But we were just landed in Heathrow and after 13 hrs flight from KL, too tired to proceed to Wembley.

Have a nice day

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, wow! VIP seats? You sure have powerful connections.
Here, people eat, sleep, fantasise ice hockey!
We have learn never to phone anyone during these games.
They'll hold the phone and, "ya..ya..ya", but you know their eyes on the game and not really listening what we saying.
One day phoned a lady friend, she too very engrossed the game on Tv and, "ya..ya..ya", so I said, "lets make love".
That shure shook her up, her "WHAT"? Ha ha.
Next to ice hockey, is baseball, then basketball.
But if you enjoy real fighting among men, it's ice hockey, lots of fights every game as they play dirty and slam into each other, trip each other. Lots of blood too sometimes.
But I don't watch. Why? 'Cause I'm busy typing this to Ms Istanbul, ha ha. Nahhh, ice hockey not my cup of ice coffee.
Love badminton, but that game is alien here.
Oh well...back to blogging.
Be seeing ya, Lee.

Ms B said...

HI d,

I know! Tell me about it. I was already thrilled even before the game started. Ehem, i think it's like the best foreplay a woman can ever get. hahhahah...

Simah,

SOrt of lah. Still had my voice. GUess you are super busy filling up the kids' time. My girl's school break is the week after and the nanny has already made plans for her (mom only taking one day off).

Ms B said...

Kak Teh,

You are lucky u know. U got to know my experience first hand before I did the posting. *winks* it's good to see you around. WIll catch up again soon.

Hi udinb,

It was really awesome!!! I think it doesnt matter which match as long as it is within Europe and big names/clubs, it's going to be worth it. The crowd is huge and u will simply love the atmosphere.

Ms B said...

Uncle Lee dear,

I have no idea how on earth I end up having these friends. I'm such a small fish, plain jane etc. Yet I have friends in high places (and we are talking internationally!).

I dont follow any sports. Just wanted to give it a try i.e. watching the game. Of course, I'm sure it's different to be with the normal crowd and VIP treatment. *winks*

Hahhah...who knows the lady was actually considering your suggestion? Wonder how will you react. hehhehe...

take care!

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, just dropped by say 'hello'. How you doin'?
We here in the deep freeze! Last night this morning outside with the wind it was -31'c!!
Now not that bad, -18'c. But more snow arriving tonight.
I've forgotten what green grass looks like, ha ha as we've had lots of snow since X'mas! The snow now turned to icebergs, frozen solid!
Anyway, you keep well, Lee.