Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Being a woman

It’s good to talk to someone who actually listens. They may not understand, but they listen. Sometimes that is the only thing you need when things don’t go your way. You just need to know that even when the whole world hates you, at least someone cares enough to listen.

Most times, people open themselves to me. Maybe they think I can understand or perhaps I just listen. I’m not exactly a good listener. I think it’s due to million of things rumbling inside my mind and I just cant get it out. But I try to understand.

People have different ways in coping with a broken heart. I had my fair share of difficult moments. Sometimes there is a big atmosphere of loneliness and you just do whatever means to cope with it. I don’t criticise how my friends intend to nurse their broken heart. What I can give is my thoughts.

If you want love in your life, you must learn to love yourself first. This is one of the hardest lessons I learnt. It took me a while to figure that out. Most of the time, I am a mom. There are times I feel I need a man in my life to fill the gap. Reality is, I don’t need a man to remind myself that I am a woman.

I enjoy going to the salon, get my hair done, get waxed, all the heavenly body treatment. I buy nice clothes (usually office suits) and matching shoes. I have my mocha on the weekends. I dress up when I go out with my girl or with my female friends. All because it makes me happy. I learn to love myself. It makes me more womanly than ever!

Despite having McDreamy or Mr Milan, my rule is, never let them be a burden to you (and obviously to your heart!). Maybe I am just lucky that these men have what it takes to be a man. They don’t mess up with your life! For what it’s worth, if they bring out the best out of you, just appreciate your days together.

So whenever a girlfriend complains the lack of love (ie men) in her life and intends to proceed with whoever comes first, I always tell them, make sure that he is worth it. There is no point having crappy men. It just brings more misery.


Ps: I spent my Easter helping McDreamy with his coursework at the library! Maybe I should consider taking MBA (but I seriously don’t know how to juggle between my girl, work and study at the same time).

Pss: I have been on shopping spree lately. Ferragamo handbag, Bally shoes, Ralph Lauren for my girl, etc. It actually feels good. Weird!

2 comments:

simah said...

shopping always make a woman feel good (the credit card statement or the empty wallet ..tu belakang kira...)

hope u will feel better soon

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

You are right. Crappy men just make your life even more miserable. Wait. Choose. Think. Then decide with our head and then love him with our heart.

Shoppin! Memang best. London gives us far better choices and cheaper too. Sigh!