Thursday, February 08, 2007

Mr Milan

I’m quite overwhelmed with the persistence of Mr Milan. His PA called me yesterday (the one whom I spoke to during my trip to Germany). She wanted to know whether I have decided on the trip. She needed our details. Told me not to worry about the expenses. But being me, I told her my concern of accepting this offer. I’m not used of having people being this nice to me. She said she has worked with him for 20 years and he’s very generous, especially to the people he cares/likes. He just wants me and the little one to have a good break, get to know Italy.

I told my best friend, Ms Alchemist, that maybe he finds it peculiar meeting this lady, on a business trip in Germany, working and raising her child in a big city with no family connection nearby. Plus, I couldn’t care less that I was having dinner by myself. Perhaps some guys find it weird to find a woman dining alone? But I’m so used to it ie dining or having coffee by myself. My own space.

Perhaps my simplicity strikes him?

I’m sure at his age and position (he has something to do with UEFA), he is surrounded by gorgeous European ladies. Why would he even want to hang out with me and the little one!?!?!

Hmmm, even if I go, I told his PA that I will pay for the tickets. I have another 2 hours to decide… For all I know, it will be a good break for me and the little one.

Enjoy the song!

Time, where did you go?
Why did you leave me here alone?
Wait, don’t go so fast
I’m missing the moments as they pass
Now I’ve looked in the mirror and the worlds getting clearer
So wait for me this time
I’m down I’m down on my knees
I’m begging for all your sympathy
But you (I’m just an illusion)
you don’t seem to care (I wish that I could)
You humble people everywhere (I don’t mean to hurt you)
Now I’ve looked in the mirror and the worlds getting clearer
I’ll take what you give me.
please know that I’m learning
So wait for me this time
I should’ve know better
I shouldn’t have wasted those days
And afternoons and mornings
I threw them all away
Now this is my time
I’m going to make this moment mine.
(I shouldn’t have wasted those days)
I’ll take what you give me.
please know that I’m learning
I’ve looked in the mirror
My world’s getting clearer
So wait for me this time

Ps: It’s snowing today. We made snowballs on our way to school. The little one had a blast!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) i wish u a decision which brings joy and happiness to u, ur lil one ...and people around u.

kalau ikut i la kan kan...kalau u nie my sister la kan...
i ckp, terima lah offer dia tu dgn hati terbuka...

and take it from there laa..

:)

idham

Anonymous said...

oo...for safety reason...ensure someone else know where u r going....and have the contact number of the hotel etc...

u can never know...

dalam movie pun - ada gangster tu selalu nya so kind hearted - tapi ada motif dia yg kita tak tau...
even the secretary can be planted.

so...just be careful....and never trust fully.

idham

Ms B said...

Hi Idham,

Yes I know. My secretary is aware of this "offer". Anyway, I'll let her know my whereabouts, details of the flight etc etc.

But at least his PA sent me an email, with their corporate address and phone numbers (u know, the standard email for company).

Whatever it is, I'll pay for the tickets. Naples seems to be a good tourist destination.

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

Tumpang lalu...Id, you make me ketawa lah with your advice to Ms Istanbul. The ever adventurous Id! Ha ha.

My dear, your decision to pay for your tickets is absolutely wise and respectable. You are holding your own beautifully. This way, you stand tall. Well done.

Yes, Id's advice for safety is very sound indeed. I wish the best outcome for you and lil one and Mr Milan too.

Idham said...

:) best wishes....

pls bring back many pictures and lots of wonderful memories.

yes, milan is nice...so so nice....i was there once, and i like florence too.

idham

Anonymous said...

i hope u will go.. hope u will have a blast.. pergi jer..esp nanti u akan ada a personal tour guide :0)

love the song

Anonymous said...

but be careful..

Ms B said...

HI everyone!!!!

Thank you for your concern and wishes!

Kak Ruby, I gelak guling2 baca Idham's advice.

Simah, I know!!! It's nicer to go on holiday with someone who actually lives there. They know where are the best spots/places to go.