Monday, February 19, 2007

Men who really understand women

I read this article over the weekend at a friend’s place, “The 50 men who really understand women”.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/woman/story/0,,2007664,00.html

Now, I believe every woman would love to know who made it (and how the hell do they actually understand us!). So that kept me reading the whole article.

The #1 man was George Clooney. He’s 45 by the way and still looks hot! “What he does know is how to make even sensible women go wobbly at the knees, and he has a startlingly cross-generational appeal.”

Surprisingly for me, most of the guys who made the cut are above 50. Do they get better as they age or is it because at their age, they just couldn’t be bothered with our complexity? I’m sure every girl has had their fair share of being labelled as “complex” by their other half.

At my age, the men around me can be divided into 3 groups. The young or my friends always term them as “toy boy”, the peers who seem to-be-there-but-cant-figure-out-what-they-want and lastly, the matured or simpler terms “old”.

The young ones, hmmm, well, simply adventurous, full of life and you have to admit, if you go out with this group, it boosts your ego. I’m sure people envy Demi for nailing Ashton. The bad part, it just annoys you that every decision he makes, he seeks your advice. Kind of feel like a brother than a boyfriend.

The peers are the ones who are at least at your level or above. They have been there, done that. Most of they have achieved their goals or tasted some sweet successes. Unfortunately, these men still have ego problems. Any misunderstanding, they still expect us to compromise. To some extreme, they can go for weeks being silent until we apologise. Sigh…

As for the old men, well, they are old, most likely bald or definitely white hair, big tummy, and of course no hot looking like the other two groups. However, maybe because of their age, they just give in. Life is too short (especially for them). Why do we need to make a big fuss of little things? Most importantly, they make us feel like queens! You just melt each time they do those romantic gestures. I’m sure we wouldn’t mind dating an old guy if he looks like Sean Connery. For his age, he still looks yummy!

To those 50 guys who made the list, thank you for understanding us!

ps: Happy Chinese New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interestring..happy CNY to u :0)

Unknown said...

I go for men who make us feel like queens (must be from his heart). who wouldn't? Not many around I must say.

Old guys looking like Sean Connery, and knows how to do romantic gestures!!! Ooh..one has struck gold there.

Ms B said...

Simah,

Another "colour" entry? hehheheh..


Kak Ruby,

When it comes to relationship, I fail. I always go for intan and not berlian, when I know berlian is always a good choice. It's just a matter of opening my heart and whether love can be nurtured tru patience and kindness?

I remember in "wedding planner", J Lo's dad in that movie said that his marriage was arranged and her mother did not want him. But after years of treating her as best as he could and never complained that she did not love him, she eventually fell in love with him. From kindness to like, and from like to love...

Anonymous said...

:) am happy to read, to note, and to continue believing that men around 50 make wonderful companions!

aha....i never fee like i have to prove anything to anyone....much less to someone who I care about.

like u say...lif is to short...for anyone....to make it overly complicated.

idham