Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Holiday season part 2

Spent Christmas at a friend’s place. They made roast lamb. Yummy! We couldn’t do anything on that day as there was no transportation and the shops were closed. My friend’s place is just walking distance.

Boxing day….now that’s when all the action started. We went to Bicester Village. My first time there on Boxing day. It was packed!!! For example, FCUK shop had a queue of 10-15 metres long. I couldn’t be bothered to go in, especially when the lil one was with me. I got myself a nice pair of Ralph Lauren jeans, CK handbag and a shocking pink bed sheet set. It was 60-80% off! I also found out that the bed sheet brand is sold at Harrods, but I got them at a VERY good price. :D Too bad for my girl as we couldn’t find anything for her. She needed a pair of boots but couldn’t find her size in Timberland or Clarks. So I bought her a cute handbag from Monsoon and lots of books. They were £1 each!!! But I promised her that we get her stuffs the next day.

So there we were. Off to Oxford St on Wednesday. Went to almost all kids store they have. Hamleys, Espirit, Quicksilver (they apparently have kids’ stuffs), Zara, Disney Store, M&S, Mothercare. I kept to my promise. She has been very patient when it comes to toys. All these while, I told her that I will get her toys during sale. We got the Little Mermaid bridal costume, Alice in Wonderland toy set, sticker machine, boots, clothes, curtains for her room etc etc. It was very tiring! Yet the lil one seemed to never run out of energy (maybe it’s the toys’ boost).

On Eid, we followed our friends to their friend’s house. They hosted Eid celebration and their daughter’s birthday party. Had roti jala, lemang, lodeh, rendang etc. I think I had 3 rounds of roti jala. The house was packed with kids. The host themselves had 4, 3 of them are boys. So you can just imagine how ‘cheerful’ the place was with 10 kids. :D

I spent the New Year Eve on my couch, watching Nicholas Cage in ‘Gone in 60 seconds’.

Hope your holiday season was as good as mine!

No comments: