Friday, January 19, 2007

Being a girl

It’s a busy month. Just got back from a residential course on Wednesday. Going to Germany on Monday morning and returning on Friday, touching Heathrow at 1645. The same routine for the following week.

My work keeps my mind busy. The little one gives me strength and hope. She even reassures me that she’ll be fine with the nanny. I know I’m going to miss her, my teddy bear, our cookie monster game in the morning, bedtime stories at night.

Being away makes you appreciate the little things. Some people say that it’s all about quality and not quantity i.e. it doesn’t mean when you spend less time with your loved ones, they care you less. But, never take it for granted. Your loved ones maybe able to cope without you or be independent but they still need you.

When I see how independent my lil girl is without me, it worries me. I’ve been there, coping without people by my side. I stop enjoying life or be matured for my age, showing people that I’m fine without them. I don’t need them. Reality is, I do.

I want my daughter to cherish her childhood, to play, to have fun. I want her to know that she has me by her side and not worry about our life. I want her to be full of love and joy and let others feel her warmth.

Take care my love. Mummy will be home soon…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

u r doing fine.. n as long as ur girl knows it.. i think both of u will be fine...i think she knows that she is loved by u.

take care :0)

Ms B said...

Thank u for your kind words. Life is getting better for both of us. I'm thankful to the Almighty.