Friday, October 27, 2006

Mask for every occasions

We had a blast this Eid. Friends came over, in three batches! We didn’t go out on the first day except to Malaysia Hall for prayers and followed a friend to Mawar restaurant for their open house. Food was good (according to guests). I had to make another round of pulut kuning. The little one loves it a lot. I think she ate most of it.

Do you sometimes wonder how people can lead two different lives? Like wearing different masks on different occasions.

I believe things happened for a reason. Like landing a career in London when I was the least to leave the country, filing for my divorce and going through it without the support from my family.

I believe God gave me a better life by coming here…

Despite how close the little is with her father, the reality is, he will continue back with his lifestyle once he goes back. At the moment, he has time for her. Once he’s back to his routine, the little one will feel neglected. As for me, I can’t accept his way of life. I may not be religious, but there are limitations on things that I can handle. I can’t handle knowing what he does, and knowing he will not change.

Strange… you think you know a person after being with them for so long. Honestly, people are prone to changes. Some may resist and continue to be the same old person. I believe I have changed, though there are certain aspects of me that are still the same. I only have one watch which I bought 10 years ago. I don’t have any branded stuffs. I only shop in three stores: Zara, Gap and Espirit (simply because it’s hard to find my size and suitable designs).

I’m counting my blessings. A daughter who adores me and vice versa, friends who continue supporting me in every way they can, that special someone who believes things will be better for me and the little one.

Have a nice weekend!

No comments: