Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Holiday review

Generally it was a good holiday and we managed to catch up with family and friends. The young lady spends every week with her cousins, strengthening the bond they share. Her group has been dominated by girls until the arrival of two nephews. The little ones are not amused and have been keeping everyone on their toes with their constant demand of attention. The young lady and her closest ally are sensible enough to mind their own business.

It also gives perspective to the young lady on why she prefers to live in London. Having big families requires time management, often results to the sacrifice of our ‘me slot’. Sometimes all she wants to do is to stay in the bedroom and enjoy her own company!

Perhaps I should consider doing contracting roles like some of my friends as they are able to squeeze 3 months of break in a year with their family, a good choice if they live on the other side of the world like Down Under. Some posts can lead up to double the remuneration of permanent jobs. Smart people tend to set up their own firm and engage headhunters to outsource contracting jobs to them in view of favourable tax. Perhaps I should explore this option if I want greater flexibility.

On the hand, I am also looking at possibility of returning given the right opportunity. Hence, I have spoken to friends if something comes up in their radar and mention my name to the party.

Hmm, my life seems to have constant changes. I am not sure if it is a good thing. Yet friends envy me for having some freedom to pursue what’s best for me and the young lady. In their eyes, I have wider options to go beyond. I should thank the path that was guided to me 15 years ago and just like a chess game, I made the right moves. Not all of them turned out well but the end results have led to where I am now.

Anyway, I am glad I caught up with my closest friends. The Professors – Fox and Chic, The Crazy Bunch, Ms Sixty who looks damn sexy despite giving birth a month ago, Single Lady, my trendy ‘adik-adik’ who are now working in the same line which I had 10 years ago, and Mrs Rock & family. Oh yeah, I managed to meet Momster briefly (we’ll catch up properly in few weeks’ time, ok?).

So I’ll keep you posted once we are back in UK. *smiles*

3 comments:

The Momster said...

Selamat Hari Raya! I texted u on the day u depart but I guess u already returned your number to whomever it belonged ;)

See you soon!

... said...

i'm obsessively listening to stereo hearts too.

selamat hari raya.

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

Selamat Hari Raya Miss B :)