Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Winter is coming...

Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

After searching for almost a week, one shop after another, I finally found this book at Borders. Priced at RM50, I feel it was a good investment as I am already half way through and find it hard to put it down. It’s the second time that I hunted a book based on what I watched. The first was Percy Jackson and the young lady and I ended up reading the whole series.

The epic is not for those with a faint heart as the scenes can easily make you lose your appetite. In the first episode itself, there were many dismembered bodies and fights where warriors had their stomach sliced open.
Gory indeed.

Still, it got my attention as the story line seemed to trigger more questions and I began my googling. It was then decided that I should start my own journey of A Song of Ice and Fire.

So far, my fav characters are Jon Snow and Daenerys.


3 comments:

IDB said...

i was hooked on percy jackson too! must be on a lookout for this book, and cant wait to introduce the book to the other half if it's that good :)

you must be in malaysia if the book costs rm50?? ;)

Ms B said...

I think u hv better luck finding this book over there. If he liked LOTR, he'll enjoy this series too.

Not in Msia dear. Price was RM equivalent. hehhehe...

... said...

happy mother's day!