Saturday, May 08, 2010

Of dresses and purses

It has been awhile since I last stepped into my favourite shops. Perhaps my desire to acquire pretty things has reduced significantly. Sometimes guilt consumes me as I am no longer working, thus I refrain from splurging.

I am passionate about lovely, dainty items and usually they hardly fall under the category of high street. I have my own set of rules when it comes to spending. Sometimes it means a handbag or a pair of shoes (or that long maple honey coat in January) in the shopping basket. Occasionally, only a few tops from those well-known brands from Spain and Germany can be acquired.

As I had to do some shopping for friends yesterday, I decided to detour to my usual places. Upon checking their goods, a SA spotted me and said, “I remember you. You came here with your friend. You got that handbag and she took the ballerina.”

This is one of the many reasons why I love shopping in London. Their attention to detail and friendly service do wonders to customers like me.

I told her that people have been asking about my arm-candy and many did not believe that I had it for almost a year. She then started to push the right buttons, “the new runway collection is out and I think you might like them.”

Obviously I saw something that I love (make it two) but as I highlighted above, I broke away my gaze with a heavy heart.


TH Catherine

The temptations didn’t stop there. As I walked along the street, my eyes caught the new designs by Campbell and Baker. The collaboration of these designers fell into my radar and I decided to check them out. To my surprise, some items at this place were quite catchy. I fell for a huge purse which goes well with my dresses whenever I dine out. Another item that caught my attention was the floral wrap dress, perfect for summer or alike which I am bracing myself at the new city.

TB dress

Alas, my brain ruled this time and I didn’t spend a dime during this impromptu shopping trip. Just a few months to go before my break ends and I’ll probably be back to the workforce population. I am already making plans on what I’ll get with the first paycheque. It feels like starting your first job after graduation. If only I can take away the wrinkles and look like eleven years ago.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Just blog hop here. Some of my female friends even talk to me how they are dying so much to buy new collection of La Senza.

Matt

IDB said...

OMG!
i tried that particular TB dress last bank holiday weekend! believe it or not, hubby chose that dress from the rack and forced me to try it on...heheh...the size 1 was a tad too big and didnt wrap me well. it was a good price too at kildare village, half the RRP.

and i dont shop as much nowadays too..too much guilt! heheh...

Ms B said...

Hi Matt,

Thank you for hopping by. Recently I realised that La Senza here doesnt have as many range compare to some countries.

Ms B said...

IDB,

LOL! Probably we have similar taste, thus certain styles catch our eyes. The one I saw was at full price, maybe I should ask you to get them. ;)

I hv been warned not to shop to minimise packing and do it after the move but the spring/summer collection is just too tempting!

The Momster said...

You have really good control!! Hehe.

Ms B said...

Momster,

Trust me, it wasnt easy. I had to be "bribed" by him to avoid shopping now. Yet I think after conversion, prices here are slightly lower.