Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Of a date(s)

Two dates, two different men, two opposite settings.

One I had the chance of being a lady, wearing an elegant red satin silk knee length dress, with black cardigan and stockings, matched with black high heels. The day before, I just went to the salon and did my hair. So the hair still looked nice (blow dry effect by stylist). In other words, I looked like a babe and turned heads (which I did as I bumped into people I know).

One I was in my plain jane mode. Simple clothes, no make up, romance-free place.

So which date was the best? Unbelievably, it was the second. It was with someone who never had a place in my heart (romantically speaking).

I am still amazed with the outcome. The beauty of simplicity, the respect one has on friendship and how this evolves to the unknown.

It is like how Mary’s dad (the Wedding Planner movie) explained to her on how he fell in love with her mother. It was an arranged marriage with neither party ever set eyes on each other and how her mother dreaded the marriage. Something like “from respect to care, from care to like, and from like to love”.

I will cherish this moment. For being myself, enjoying conversations, for just being a girl.

Funnily enough, at one stage, I felt my life was reflecting this:



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be so wonderful if you had a picture of of you in that lovely sounding dress and heels! A head to toe photo can really help people see the elegance that words can't always do justice to.

Anonymous said...

ah...a lady no matter what the setting is... will always want her to be the centre of attention.... yes..we ladies r guilty of that...
:0)


so the next date.... all jeans?

Anonymous said...

ah...a lady no matter what the setting is... will always want her to be the centre of attention.... yes..we ladies r guilty of that...
:0)


so the next date.... all jeans?

D said...

HaHaHa!! Sometimes we women are just romantic fools... but it often takes a fool to fall in love with a fool, eh? LOL. Just kidding. The best is ahead of us all. Meanwhile, enjoy it!

Ms B said...

Hi Sinjin,

Thanks for dropping by. I think in the blogworld, having to imagine things is much better. It gives us more flexibility to choose on how we want it to be. (which I;m sure my female readers will agree).

Ms B said...

Simah dear,

LOL! I know. We love the attention. *winks* It gives us the "wings" to fly.

As for the date, yeah... Seriously unexpected twist of tales. *smiles* I think I can stick to jeans next time.

Ms B said...

D,

We read too many Judith McNaught, Jude Deveraux, Mills & Boons books, watch unlimited times of romance moview, practically wishing our love life mirrors it in some way. Romantic fools indeed!!! LOL!

And the thing was, the second date started as two friends hanging out but ended like a good date. Twisted tales indeed! (Makes us wonder whether next time, we should just stick to simplicity)

elara said...

I gather you are on cloud nine, in a state of blissful happiness. Good for you ms istanbul but i hope you don't lead someone on. With all due respect,ladies do that often but I know you won't. :-)

Ms B said...

Hi elara,

I totally agree with you. Often I am the r'ship counsellor among the younger generation (obviously I am that old, could be almost twice the age for some of them). Some women (esp the gorgeous ones) tend to lead men on as they hv nothing to lose.

As for me, dating is fine but committing is not that easy as the potential other half must consider the presence of my lil girl, which I must say not many.

Cloud nine indeed (do they have cloud 10?). *winks*

The Momster said...

lucky you! ;)

Ms B said...

monster mom,

heheh... what are the chances of dating two good-looking men in a week? Very rare, yeah. *winks*