Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Match Maker

My fav secretary said the darnest thing today, “maybe we should hook you up with The Most Eligible Guy?” TMEG is one of the TWO good looking Directors whom I mentioned in my earlier posts.

I looked at her with horror! I told her that he is the George Clooney type, dates different girl every night (okay, I’m exaggerating. But he is the type who can pick any gorgeous babe he meets at a club or a pub).

Fav Secretary said, “he just portrays himself that way so that people think he’s doing ok. Deep inside, he wants to find The One, to settle down.”

Well, if he wants to be seen as serious, he needs to pull his act together and stop being a serial dater or equivalent to that. How on earth is he going to find The One? Of course, this was between me and FS. I’ll be nuts to tell that straight at his face, especially since he is sitting on the Board of Directors committee aka The Management i.e. higher than the other good looking Director.

Apart from him appearing to be the playboy type, there is nothing horribly wrong with him. I mean, FS is right. He is the most eligible guy in the department. An aussie who came here for a temporary posting, ended up staying for 10 years and got promoted at the highest level i.e. The Management. He is in mid 30s, and has a body like....Brad Pitt? He’s not fat or skinny. He is just nice and it matches well with his good looking features.

I hate mixing business with pleasure. Not my thing at all. But then again, I have never worked with him directly. There are a few office romances going on in the department. Two directors got married last year (the lady gave birth a month ago to a cute baby boy), two directors are dating and I’m sure there a few, present and past (need to dig more gossips from FS).

It is the craziest idea. I am not his type at all.

But then again, maybe I do need to get a match maker?

No comments: