Monday, March 23, 2009

The love story so far

picture from tulipworld

As I entered the living room, there it was on the coffee table a bouquet of red tulips nicely arranged in a vase and in front of it, a handmade card. She has been performing this ritual over the last three years without fail. Once it was a bouquet of pink roses and another was a stem of red rose.

Over the weekend I was given a VIP treatment which meant I could do as I pleased and she would just tag along. On Saturday, off we went to do some damage on the card, followed by coffee at our favourite place and squeezed some time for an ice cream session in between our stops. It was a quiet affair on Sunday where we had lunch at a cosy place chosen by her nearby, the first for us. The place is definitely a hit for us as the atmosphere was groovy and the food was simply delicious. When our meal came, Mini B was practically in silence, enjoying every bit on her plate.

We spent our nights over the weekend early in bed with a good book. Occasionally she’d come closer to sniff my hair and when her eyes got too tired, she fell asleep while resting her head close to me as I was still enjoying my book.

It seems her favourite tune these days is Love Story by Taylor Swift and she keeps humming the song. I suppose the title fits this posting instead of stating the obvious. Mother’s day was definitely lovely this year as it was in the past, but perhaps it gets more creative and has more sense of personal touch, reflecting her personality. With her selection of flowers, her words in the card and things to do, I could see how much maturity she has gained and how she pulled her thoughts together to make the day special.

So thank you my love for the story so far...

Happy mother’s day to D, Kak Teh, Momster, Simah, Ruby, n.i., Naz and Touch Cookie. Here’s to being a yummy mummy. Oh by the way, it is Kak Teh’s birthday tomorrow. Kak Teh, if you are reading this, Happy Birthday! May you have more romantic days with AG.

Ps: this post is dedicated to a dear friend who reads silently (and sms without fail when my post entertains her). Look forward to more sunshine. After all, it is already spring.

15 comments:

Naz in Norway said...

Such a sweet post. Makes me want to run downstairs and kiss all my sleeping kids :)
Take care Ms B and mini B. Hugs from me.

D said...

sorry honey, for not replying text. i've been like a zombie these few weeks (moving this weekend).

happy to hear your wonderful mother's day event! take care!

Inah said...

happy belated mother's day..i didnt know it was this month in UK ;)

ms B..may i know..how old is mini B???

Ms B said...

Naz,

Indeed we had a lovely time. She planned the whole thing. It was a weekend of the two of us and no one else.

Go hug your angels. I'm sure they love the cuddles, tho unsure about Spike. *winks*

Ms B said...

d darling,

suspected so. u must be manic with the move. I hope u get a good rest once u are settled.

Glad to u know u enjoyed urs too.

Ms B said...

Inah,

UK celebrates this month, different than the rest of the world I think.

My friends adore mini B because of her thoughtfulness, esp for her age.

Anonymous said...

The seetest lil girl u have got there surely!! U r truly blessed!

Happy mommy's Day to u too!! Sorry i am a bit to late in wishing u... mother's day ....over there n here r not on the same day...

Take care my dear! Hugs to lil miss B as well :0)

Jumper said...

The love is simply beautiful and the bond is dreamlike and magical. Happy mother's day to you, my lady.

~Ibu Anggun~ said...

so sweet...

:)

n.i. said...

i'm touched! thanx babe!

Ms B said...

simah,

thanks dear! Sorry late reply. Just managed to find time.

Jumper,

Thanks for the wish. The lil one truly makes me special.

Ms B said...

Jane,

She is very sweet and adorable.

n.i.,

you deserve it k. :)

... said...

happy mother's day ms b !
hey love story is one of my fav 'while driving song'. high 5 mini B ! and good to hear you guys had a good time.

Ms B said...

darlene,

Thank you! hey how come I cant leave comments these days? I cant seem to see them.

it's a feel good song, eh?

... said...

haha, it's my html codes. see if i can sort it out soon.