Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Missing you...

My girl has been spending some nights at her dad's place but somehow tonight has been quite difficult for both of us. I have been missing my girl for a while as we have not been spending our usual mother-daughter session like we used to back in London. I guess she must have felt the same, which is why tonight we both have this strong sense of missingness. She called me from her dad's place, saying that she cried missing me. My tears were rolling when she said that, as I too felt her absence.

But then again, we are only here for a few weeks and it is fair that her father gets to spend time with her.

I miss you too my love... Please know that I am looking forward to have our usual 'coffee' bonding.

3 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, sorry hear you missing your daughter. Not to worry, she'll be back in your loving arms soon. I can understand your feelings. Take it easy.
You are a never ending song in her heart, of comfort, happiness and being. She may sometimes forget the words, but will always remember the tune.
Thanks for visiting me at my pondok, but you did not leave your calling card. So I spent stengah jam and a cup of coffee to chari your address. I remembered you left me your card somewhere in a previous posting.
Ahhh, I searched all my postings and found it, as well two old postings that might interest you. If you free, pop in to my 1/ April, "You are not my son". 2/ June, "Faded letter from the past". (This from a matured lady who's letter found me here after 30 years, gave me a big shock! I was a young man when 'knew' her long ago).
Meantime, you keep well, Ms Istanbul, and my very best regards to you. Keep in touch, can send telegram, ha ha. UL.

Lee said...

Hi there again, I was about to catch the bus home spotted your profile, you love nasi lemak kerang. Holy Smoke! I read that almost got to chari tissue paper drooling. I last had it was, alamak, can't even remember...ahhh yes, in Alor Star, at a kedai kopi near the Merlin Hotel. I used to go there very often on business back in the 80's...tentu makan dua bungkus everytime. Yes, saya pun suka nasi lemak kerang. UL.

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle,

I can count how many times we spent our nights apart. Very rare. So it's quite difficult for both of us at the moment. And we both miss our own home back in London.

I read both postings. Thank you!

Nasi lemak kerang is really yummy! ;-)