Thursday, August 09, 2007

Emotional attachment

Somehow, I am not looking forward to go back.

As much as I miss my family and the surroundings, deep inside, there are things that I will miss badly here. Things that you do with your loved ones. For me, it’s about hanging out with my girl, her enjoying her ice-cream or choc cakes or lollypop and me with my mocha. Such simplicity.

Or perhaps, I have an emotional attachment with this place.

I am good with disengaging my emotions with my closed ones. You have to be fair. You don’t have to agree or disagree. Just be fair. That will maintain the harmony (and the mental state of my own). Partly because I have to be there for others whilst no one wants to be there for me. So I disengage my emotions, believing that it is the best policy to maintain good relations.

It is something that I don’t want lil to inherit, which is why I always allow her to express her emotions and explain why she feels the way she does, even if it involves being upset with me! I know some mothers couldn’t tolerate with it. They get very sensitive when their children do not listen or obey them. Contrary, I believe my relationship with my girl works best when we communicate.

Perhaps this is why I always find peace in her and McDreamy.

Ps: Sorry for the depressing topic. I should have stick to my original plan, “the fabulous life of sugar daddies”.

5 comments:

simah said...

*hugs*..in between the lines.... r u going to go back for good? or just for a holiday?

*disengaging my emotions with my closed ones*... u r just protecting urself... this depression...does it mean that u r not ready to go back to the fiasco of whatever back home?

whatever it is.... take care ok? u know u have got a friend in me.... *hugs*

the change of location may matter..b.ut u will still have ur lil girl with u....she is everything when no one else is..

Unknown said...

My dear, I lost my hp and all my contacts. Boo hoo hoo. Mail me please....tq.

Lee said...

Hi Ms Istanbul, A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.
You keep well, UL.

Anonymous said...

Simah dear,

Thanks! it's a holiday. Will be flying back to London in a few days. I'm actually missing my home there.

Kak Ruby,

It was a pleasure to have met you. :D

Uncle Lee,

Thank you for your kind words. She is indeed my pillar of strength.

Unknown said...

Heyyy my dear,

It was great meeting the both of you. To think that we have common friends too. Lil one is so lovely. She's so well behaved. Ahh...I felt like I was sparring with a grown up when you were ordering the drinks. Amazing. Hope to meet up again sometime. Have a good flight.

Hugs and kisses.