Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Marhaba

We landed the Land of Emirates shortly before midnight local time on Sunday. It was quite refreshing to be greeted with smiles and warm gestures, an opposite to what I experienced in another city in this region. The feelings escalated when we saw a familiar face as we made our way out from the arrivals gate. She quickly jumped into his open arms and he swept her off her feet.

It was good to be back by his side.

As we reached our new residence, we couldn’t contain our excitement and felt a sense of serenity to this place that would be our new home. The young lady was checking one room to another and going up and down the staircase. It only lasted for a while as fatigue kicked in and we went to bed to catch the much needed sleep.

The next two days were spent making this place more homely and settling school matters. The young lady will commence next Monday as the school breaks for Eid starting today. We have also sorted her school bus and I believed she’s one of a few upper primary students in the coach to our route. Most are in foundation or FS1. I told her that if small children can take the bus, she definitely can cope. It’ll take her 20-30 minutes to reach home, not bad considering it takes less than 15 minutes drive door-to-door.

We came to realise that there was another school less than five minutes away. Although it’s Canadian stream, it would have been helpful to note it earlier due to its convenience. For now, we’ll settle with this British international school.

As for Eid preparation, I managed to bring five types of cookies. However, the partner said I forgot to bring his favourite snack. I was cracking my head thinking of its name when Momster told me its correct reference. So I mentioned to the partner I’ll try to remember taking scissors snack (aka kuih gunting) next time around.

Oh, remember I said that we didn’t have much planned to celebrate unlike our days in London? Apparently we’ll be attending a brunch gathering at a nice hotel with his fellow country-mates. I plan to come in our traditional baju kurung and we’ll probably be the colourful ones. I was told we’ll catch everyone’s attention as their ladies prefer western dress.

If only I got him a matching baju melayu. It would look great in picture. *grins
*

In case I dont get to write, Selamat hari raya and may you have a blessed eid!

6 comments:

The Momster said...

I totally agree on wearing the baju kurung for the brunch! You got yourselves a matching one rite? And how could u forget his baju melayu?? Hahaha.

Selamat Hari Raya Ms B. I hope you will be blessed always. :)

Naz in Norway said...

Selamat Hari Raya, MsB and family!

White Melur said...

Salam Syawal,
Wishing you a warm and colourful celebration abroad. May this be the most meaningful Raya ever:)

Ms B said...

Momster,

We were definitely the colourful ones on that day. :D Kids enjoyed themselves as they had clowns entertaining, games, face painting etc.

Perhaps next year I'll rope him into baju melayu. ;)

Ms B said...

Momster,

We were definitely the colourful ones on that day. :D Kids enjoyed themselves as they had clowns entertaining, games, face painting etc.

Perhaps next year I'll rope him into baju melayu. ;)

Ms B said...

Naz / White melur,

Selamat hari raya!