Friday, April 02, 2010

Devil's food or retail therapy?

Finally I could see sunshine today but I bet it wouldn’t last long. Weather has been very temperamental these days and once, both of us got drenched while making our way to nearby shops. It reminded me of the typical rainstorms we have back home, agreed by the young lady as well.

I meant to write about something colourful like the recent take by the founder of net-a-porter, a place where you find exquisite goods at the comfort of your home (or workplace) but alas I haven’t managed to kick out the blues, leaving me to express a little bit of this dark and twisted head of mine.

By the way, I do love that website as you take your own sweet time to browse and find out more about an item without the pressure of purchasing. Sometimes nosy sales assistants do ruin the mood to splurge.

Now where was I? Ah, this feeling of ugliness and staying-in-bed-all-day-long is killing me. I bet weather is partly to blame but I am sure there is a way to take them out from my heart and place them nicely in a Pandora box, with a secured lock to go along with it. Perhaps I should indulge myself with comfort food, pushing devil’s food such as chocolate mud-cake and layers of ice-cream complete with whipped cream and sauce down into my throat. For each spoonful I take, it buries the feeling deep down, hoping it will never resurface.

As when it does appear, the unleashed emotions won’t be a pretty sight.

Looks like I have to settle with two cups of mocha with whipped cream today. How about checking out what’s new at that website? A little splurge will do me some good. Shoes or handbags anyone
?

1 comment:

Ummi to Hamzah said...

Hi miss B, got myself a tub of vanilla Walls icecream this evening. Planning on taking scoops of it covered with Hershey Choc Sauce topping. A couple of days ago i got myself a new ELLE handbag, kinda like 2 in 1 bag- 1 big handbag and 1 small handbag which can be attached/detached from the big handbag for a price of RM179!
I'd say go for handbag, lagi best add more collection to handbags than shoes to me :)