Friday, October 26, 2007

Of a book

I finished reading Growing up in Trengganu by Awang Goneng. Got the book from Kak Teh of course. *smiles*

While reading the book, it kept bringing me back to the times spent with my late grandparents. I had a "complex" childhood (which I shall not dwell now). Somehow, most of the things I could remember when I was a child were the times spent with them. Each time I went back or when they were around. I loved going back to their place. Grandmother always took me to the morning market. It was nothing fancy, your typical wet market, a mixed of fresh vege, fish, poultry as well as typical village delights. Grandfather always pampered me, gave the attention that I needed, read with me, accompanied me to do whatever I wanted. I always share this wonderful memories with McDreamy.

When my grandfather passed away (I was 10), I took it really bad. It was the first time I understood the feeling of losing someone close to my heart. Then, 12 years later, grandmother followed him. In a way, I lost both "parents".

They are always in my thoughts, even to this day. Sometimes when I feel sad and blue, I just think of them, hoping that I inherit their wisdom to make my own decision.

To my grandparents, thank you for being part of my life. If you can hear me now, you have a beautiful and lovely great-granddaughter. I try my best to raise her well.

Sigh.... I'm going to nag Kak Teh for making me read the book. Feeling bit down now. Anyway, you should get it. Worth reading!

No comments: