Thursday, September 06, 2007

One person in the whole world..

"You may be only one person in the whole world, but you may mean the whole world to someone.."

About five years ago, MJ quoted me the above. Until today, I still hold this statement close to my heart.

For the past few weeks, my emotions have been on a roller-coaster. There are things that frustrate me but I try to keep an open mind and heart. I know I cant please anyone. I’m used to being a nobody. No matter how much I tried to be somebody, it always fails.

But in the company of a few people, I feel I am somebody. These people make me feel I’m worthy, someone significant in their life. They make me feel appreciated. They make me feel that I have achieved a lot in my life. They make me feel beautiful.

I miss these people dearly. I’m always myself whenever I’m around them. The Dragon Lady, Ms Alchemist, MJ, McDreamy and most importantly, my lil girl. Each of them plays an important role in my life. They were there during the difficult times, when I really needed someone the most. Be it being on the phone at midnight while I was on my way to send my girl to the doc, rushed to Bangsar for coffee/dinner when I was feeling down, be my chauffer to meet my study group while I was doing my professional course, photocopied exam materials after work for me and my friend so that we could use that time to revise, for taking care of me and my girl when I fell ill and unable to do anything.

You may know many people in life, family or friends. But how many of them will be there for you when you need your spirits to be lifted?

I miss KL but I miss London more. I miss our cosy flat. It’s a humble place but yet full of happiness. My angel’s laughter and smiles. Reminds me of the bond we share, the love between a mother and a child, a child’s trust and patience.

I may be only one person in the world, but I may mean the whole world to some people. And to these people, thank you for being the whole world to me….

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

I agree with you. Only people who have touced and cared for us are the ones that count. People who would help us again and again and again, without a complaint. People whom we are so comfortable with. People whom we can sit in the room and not saying a word yet we are comfortable with one another. We dont need too many really in our life. Take care dear and hugs tou you both.

Selamat Berpuasa and to Lil one take it easy on the first day. My dear, start her off on 1/3 day or 1/2 day..ha ha. Be gentle to that sweet Darling and as if you wouldn't..he he.

Anonymous said...

Kak Ruby dear,

These friends have been there for me for all the reasons you mentioned. Even in silence, they comfort me. These people believe I have what it takes to succeed.

Especially to the lil one, susah senang bersama. And now when my rezeki has been very murah, she gets all the benefits. For every Esprit or Zara items I buy for myself, she gets double! :-) Yes I do pamper the lil one.

Will take note on the fasting practice. BUt I'm letting her fast on weekends jer laa.

Hugs to you..