Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy anniversary

Today is my one year mark with the firm. I survived so far. Late nights, travelling abroad, whilst at the same time, managing my lil girl. It is more challenging now as she is in proper school ie I have to remember her PE days, school library books, homework, spelling tests etc. Thankfully, it has been ok. I managed to attend most of her school’s functions. Happy indeed!

My daughter and I have formed ourselves a team. We do everything together. She keeps reminding me, “mummy, we are a team. X&X!” We both have the same initial, that’s how she came up with the team’s name. She aced herself again. Teachers have been complimenting her progress. Reading and spelling test. Of course, since she has a mean mummy (when it comes to school work only.), she really does her best to do well at school. Oh well, like my baby brother said, “you are always fierce when it comes to education.” All my siblings had a taste of me, flying off my sparks when they did something wrong, especially with maths.

Also, my baby brother has left. The lil one is missing him. Me too. He is a great uncle, plays with his niece, takes care of her during school break, makes sure our dinner is arranged etc etc. Our last night together, we talked hours and hours. He shared my difficult moments, things I didn’t tell him before. But now, since he is bigger (towering me) and wiser, he felt the need to share my pain.

We miss you already…

No comments: