Sunday, May 27, 2007

Break-up

I just watched that movie last night. Ever since I started working, I cant seem to find time to fit this activity. After being a parent (now a single one), it means this is almost impossible. So usually I get dvds. The thing I love being in this country is that their dvds are always on sale. 3 for £20 or sometimes when you are lucky, you can get a good movie for £5. I know I don’t get the same thrill as everyone else but if going to a cinema costs me more than an original dvd, then why not? I get to watch at the comfort of my house, pause anytime I like, etc.

The movie didn’t have a happy ending like your typical romance story. It just represents what most couples face during the first few months (or years) of their relationship. I cant remember the characters’ names but the girl (Jennifer Aniston) said something like, she has done so much for this relationship to work and all she wants is some appreciation ie flowers. Even when she mentioned from day one to the guy that she doesn’t like them (flowers) bcos they turn up dead anyway, a girl is just a girl. All girls love (or at least like) flowers. As for the guy, he was just trying to work hard to be the “provider” or be the best man for the girl but he just didn’t have the flare for showing his emotions. At one point, his best-mate told him that he always tag people to follow what he wants but he hardly wants to follow them (the things they love to do).

Part of being in a relationship is doing things together. It’s not whether you like it or not. It’s bcos someone very close and important to you likes it and you respect and being supportive with their decision. It’s not about the action or the environment. It’s the person you are with at that moment, knowing how important your presence is to them.

One of the episodes in Scrubs had this quote, “you spend less time for yourself so that you could spend more time with your loved ones”. The guy was going to the gym with his friends in order to be in shape. His friends go there on almost daily basis but they don’t have anyone to go back to, while he has his wife waiting for him at home. So in the end, he ditched his gym session.

After two hectic weeks with workload, not to mention being sick (lil and me) which further pushed me (and my health) to the limits, I am looking forward to our holiday this coming weekend. My brother is arriving tomorrow and we will be heading to Disneyland Paris on Saturday. I hope we will have a blast.

Ps: did some minor shopping with lil. She needed new pyjamas. We also bought Pirates of Caribbean dvds (1 and 2). That’ll be our activity tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ms Istanbul,

I felt touched reading this post.

It makes me think too, at times, we do forget to be considerate to our loved ones. Of late I am mindful and I find it so gratifying. Lovely post really.

I do hope you will have a blast of a time.

Secret, dont do too many things at Disney. Pick the ones you'd enjoy and take it slow.

Anonymous said...

Kak Ruby dear,

I was writing from my heart, what I went tru as I child and now.

Will take note about picking the good ones at Disney. I really hope my lil girl loves it. Praying the weather will be kind to us.

hugs...